Guys, I need a lot of help, sep by step.

Adi

Adi

Reaction score
must have taken so long to write that , I thank my friend.

or even superglue and paperclips,
That's a great idea , I always have difficult time trying to figure out if they will be removed together or not

JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
They never heard of it ,
let me ask you something : isn't a non-engaging abutment simply just an abutment without a hex ?
Yes, you should be able to freely spin it. The hex is so the abutment does not rotate when it is a single unit. With 2+ abutments splinted by a bridge or bar you do not need that anti rotation because the prosthesis cannot rotate. A hex can work against you with multiple connected implants.

zero_zero

zero_zero

Reaction score
May I ask for, maybe rephrasing this sentence, I couldn't get it, what do you mean ?

Let's say you got a screw retained bridge and one the screws got lose...if your bridge has engaging interfaces the loose end will exert tension on the other implant through pivoting, eventually leading to failure or fracture. In case of a non-engaging interface, there's no keying between the implant and the abutment, so the screw is the load bearing element, being weaker than the implant itself, will break or looses up before the implant could fail. Replacing a screw is more favorable than replacing an implant...

JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
Adi do you use google translator?

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
must have taken so long to write that , I thank my friend.

That's a great idea , I always have difficult time trying to figure out if they will be removed together or not
You're quite welcome. Did they come off and go on to the model in one piece?

A

aqdental

Reaction score
They never heard of it ,
let me ask you something : isn't a non-engaging abutment simply just an abutment without a hex ?
Hi Adi, why don't you try to get the proper components from a different source, maybe order them from outside your country. Shipping will only take few days.
Get on google and find a supplier. Even a milling centre should be able to help you, they stock Ti bases for sure .

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
Hi Adi, why don't you try to get the proper components from a different source, maybe order them from outside your country. Shipping will only take few days.
Get on google and find a supplier. Even a milling centre should be able to help you, they stock Ti bases for sure .
He's in Syria. Probably not as easy to outsource or find what is needed.

A

aqdental

Reaction score
He's in Syria. Probably not as easy to outsource or find what is needed.
I do understand that, as long there is some mail service working, should not be too difficult to buy from anywhere.

Andrew Priddy

Andrew Priddy

Donator
Reaction score
man, I've been waxing UCLA's all frigging week and Knew I was supposed to take some pics..
will see what I can do tomorrow, I have several in Q

Andrew Priddy

Andrew Priddy

Donator
Reaction score
Looks good,
I would get a metal margin (porcelain Junction) at the base of the abutments.. just below the tissue.
this is why it's important to use tissue replication material as well... you can sculpt the tissue and lay the wax in

Adi

Adi

Reaction score
Let's say you got a screw retained bridge and one the screws got lose...if your bridge has engaging interfaces the loose end will exert tension on the other implant through pivoting, eventually leading to failure or fracture. In case of a non-engaging interface, there's no keying between the implant and the abutment, so the screw is the load bearing element, being weaker than the implant itself, will break or looses up before the implant could fail. Replacing a screw is more favorable than replacing an implant...
Very well , it's clear now, thanks.
Just two follow-up questions :
_ should all the abutments used in one bridge be either non-engaging or engaging? Or it could be multiple?
_ can the surgeon remove a broken screw if it broke in the implant?

JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
Very well , it's clear now, thanks.
Just two follow-up questions :
_ should all the abutments used in one bridge be either non-engaging or engaging? Or it could be multiple?
All bridges/bars should be non engaging. Only single units engaging.

zero_zero

zero_zero

Reaction score
Say what?!!!! remove the hex ?!!! is that allowable ?
That's a life saver if it is allowable .

Yes, go ahead...just be careful with the rest of the interface...

Last edited:
zero_zero

zero_zero

Reaction score

Its easy to remove, they are designed to become loose if the head breaks off, they don't bottom out in the tread...

ter01475

ter01475

Reaction score
This is like the blind leading the blind...if you are making a fixture level bridge you need non engaging castable waxing sleeves....looking at the the angle of the molar...you may not be able to do that. If it was my case I would be placing the abutment you choose (blue) and a straight abutment in the green. I would not be using impression pieces for final abutments...some are not titanium.
I would then wax and cast a cemented bridge....have the dentist trying the frame and then apply your porcelain. When a screw breaks it is not always easy to remove...also different screws are often used for non engaging bridge or bars....they are thicker due to the increased load they have to carry

Andrew Priddy

Andrew Priddy

Donator
Reaction score
"blind leading the blind"
well. I guess we have an "expert" in the house
Oh goody, been waiting a long time for that!

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
This is like the blind leading the blind...if you are making a fixture level bridge you need non engaging castable waxing sleeves....looking at the the angle of the molar...you may not be able to do that. If it was my case I would be placing the abutment you choose (blue) and a straight abutment in the green. I would not be using impression pieces for final abutments...some are not titanium.
I would then wax and cast a cemented bridge....have the dentist trying the frame and then apply your porcelain. When a screw breaks it is not always easy to remove...also different screws are often used for non engaging bridge or bars....they are thicker due to the increased load they have to carry
It's easy to consider solutions incorrect when we can get anything we want shipped to us in 24hrs. He's in Syria, and it's not that easy, if possible at all to get many things needed for what we think we "need" in daily life. Much less implant parts. If you were not aware he's in Syria, my apologies, but he said when he asked for non-engaging they were not available. So we are trying to help him work with what he's got.

Any suggestions germane to the issue now that (I presume) you're done being insulting before reading the thread??

P.S. Excuse the rancor, but you hit a nerve by assuming without reading what's right in front of you.

Top Bottom