Looking for Lab green state zirconia outsourcing needed.

Dorota

Dorota

Reaction score
Hello friends, I have been outsourcing my crowns to a milling center and plan to get my own mill. Preferably, I would like to get my hands on sintering first to spread out the cost, save more money by sintering and staining on my own and to be comfortable with sintering before focusing on another skill. Does that make sense? Does anyone outsource zirconia in a green state? My milling center doesn't want to do it, they say the cost is mostly in milling so I won't save much doing that myself and it's prone to chipping and contamination. Any advice?

user name

user name

Reaction score
Either outsource or do it yourself.

You could finance just a bit more or for a longer period?

Contact one of the mill sellers about a heavily discounted refurbished unit? I bet Jensen could put you in something that would get the job done for 9 to 10k (?)

Dorota

Dorota

Reaction score
Either outsource or do it yourself.

You could finance just a bit more or for a longer period?

Contact one of the mill sellers about a heavily discounted refurbished unit? I bet Jensen could put you in something that would get the job done for 9 to 10k (?)
Yes, I am on it but hard to get both, oven and a mill for a good price. at the same time from different resellers. I want specific sintering oven and the mill and usually they don't bundle these or if they do I don't like the prioce. Therefore, I would like to get the oven, learn to sinter and stain, then get the mill when the opportunity comes. I don't have enough zirconia crowns to justify spending too much.

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
Hello friends, I have been outsourcing my crowns to a milling center and plan to get my own mill. Preferably, I would like to get my hands on sintering first to spread out the cost, save more money by sintering and staining on my own and to be comfortable with sintering before focusing on another skill. Does that make sense? Does anyone outsource zirconia in a green state? My milling center doesn't want to do it, they say the cost is mostly in milling so I won't save much doing that myself and it's prone to chipping and contamination. Any advice?
i will shoot you a message

S

sirmorty

Reaction score
I used to get Green State Zirconia from Core3d.
That was before I bought a mill.

The shades were just inconsistent. It was like they used 4 pucks for all the shades.
Just my thoughts but the milling center is telling you a lie.

Yeah they are fragile in the green state, but just use the proper techniques and you will be ok.

Dorota

Dorota

Reaction score
I used to get Green State Zirconia from Core3d.
That was before I bought a mill.

The shades were just inconsistent. It was like they used 4 pucks for all the shades.
Just my thoughts but the milling center is telling you a lie.

Yeah they are fragile in the green state, but just use the proper techniques and you will be ok.
I do want to stain on my own so the color would not be an issue. I will check with them. Thanks.

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
I do want to stain on my own so the color would not be an issue. I will check with them. Thanks.
you want to stain them, or color them? big difference

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score

Yep, just get their white disc version, dip and color them yourself.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
So it would just be a matter of finding a dipping liquid that would work with the white zirconia (green state) you would be coloring/dipping with.

1st stop would be with Origin, and get a free sample of some shades, like A2, D2. They may even include some Incisals for you. They're nice people there.

rc75

rc75

Sponsors
Reaction score
Yes, I am on it but hard to get both, oven and a mill for a good price. at the same time from different resellers. I want specific sintering oven and the mill and usually they don't bundle these or if they do I don't like the prioce. Therefore, I would like to get the oven, learn to sinter and stain, then get the mill when the opportunity comes. I don't have enough zirconia crowns to justify spending too much.

Call me for your sintering oven don't overpay somewhere else.