Got an email re: Asiga or nextdent.

Hourglass716

Hourglass716

Reaction score
3Shape is relatively open. I can bring in STL files from any scanner. Cerec is opening up big-time too. Their latest IOS (Primescan) and software is completely open. Digital impressions, models, and even restorations can be sent to ANY lab, no charge.

Actually you can only get STLs out of Primescan. Color and shade matching is still proprietary to Cerec software.

harmonylab

harmonylab

Reaction score
Tell you a sad story…
We were considering the Asiga not long ago and whip mix offered to print some models for us so we could get a comparison. Two weeks after we sent the file still no models - sigh.
someone did follow up to see what we thought of the printer… To which I responded “I wouldn’t know you never sent me the model so I could do the comparison”

They were very responsive at that point, but I simply said “any Time I’m considering a new technology price is the last thing I look at. First is the utility of the piece of equipment within the workflows I want to create. Second is the complexity of using and maintaining the device, because scalability is important and training and maintenance can affect that. Third is the level of responsiveness and support from the person I’m purchasing it from, because I’m not yet an expert in the new technology, I need other experts to guide me while I’m becoming one. Fourth is price.”

I couldn't get a test print from them either. got in to a long argument about why the models designed with our settings were unsuitable to be printed. smh.

PCDL

PCDL

Reaction score
Does anyone know what the build speed is on the asiga and nextdent printers in mm/hr for comparison??

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
Does anyone know what the build speed is on the asiga and nextdent printers in mm/hr for comparison??
i heard the nextdent wasnt great.
and since the price is right on those phrozen and photon and others....it might be well worth having 3-4 in a line ready to crank out prints.

K

kms8233

Reaction score
I suppose we don't, but there's nothing special about our lab other than our excitement for digital technology. I see no reason why we would be particularly better service than any other lab.
Thanks for sharing your story. I'm trying to move on to digital dentures. I see you use Asiga max printer but what other equipments and product models do you use to fabricate dentures digitally? for example; 3d scanner, cadcam software, wash and cure unit and etc

Mike2

Mike2

Reaction score
I know I spoke with someone whom was printing soft tissue with success but cannot remember whom. He had also spoke about shining the models with a spray. So I have a scan for implant, if some could outline the steps as to how you can complete without a model I would greatly appreciate.
Dr. used a Straumann flag and I have upper and lower scan and bite. I don't have a separate tissue scan. Dr. wants it to hold shimstock in CO...thanks in advance!
I will search You tube tonight to see if I can find any help before I log on again Wed.

G

grantoz

Reaction score
i know asiga can print soft tissue it comes down to your software also has just released a software upgrade that makes it print 30% faster.

M

Mark W

Reaction score
Build speed is now 50mm per hour on Asiga MAX with latest firmware

D

david77

Reaction score
I am about to purchase a nextdent (made for amann girrbach) . I got a good offer that also includes training in amann girrbach factory. Any last words :D ? I have an offer for Asiga also, but not as good. Is Nextdent worth its money or asiga is still better?

Mod Edit: Remove unrelated link.

Last edited by a moderator:
T

tomazy

Reaction score
Hi David,

did you bought the Nextdent printer ? Could you tell us which one you chose and how it is doing since then ?

G

grantoz

Reaction score
im just about to get my 2nd asiga cant wait

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
I like the look of these!

stratasys_1.jpg

zero_zero

zero_zero

Reaction score
I got two Phrozen Shuffles and a Phrozen Sonic Mini working around the clock ( when we're in production, mind ya...nothing as of now :() and I'm quite happy with them, for the moment I don't think I will ever consider any "dental" (read: $$$ ) models as long as I can upgrade the necessary parts in my existing open platform units to be able to process the upcoming resins the future might throw at me... ( YMMW...my $0.02 Deal, whatever...)