Got an email re: Asiga or nextdent.

JayH

JayH

Geek
Reaction score
Did you have any issues with tears or separations printing such a large part with that material?

Glenn Kennedy

Glenn Kennedy

Reaction score
Tried out the C&B MFH on a hybrid implant case last week. sure, why not try a 5 implant provisional/ verification jig. :p Yikes! I got an education on part orientation and accuracy. After 3 misprints it actually worked. Check out the minimal supports on the print that came out accurate. Then I printed a model with analog sockets and a gingival mask generated from the scanned working model to see how it all would compare. Everything fit well. I’m not the best photographer, but here are some pics:
Here is a link to the best practices documentation for each material. It provides orientation recommendations for the best accuracy: http://infocenter.3dsystems.com/bestpractices/dlp-best-practices/nextdent-5100/3d-sprint/materials

L

LarryRDC

Reaction score
Jay,
No, not at all. the G-mask came out perfect! Models are easy...vertically they print in about 1/2 hour
Still learning on the other things ... I seem to get better accuracy orienting vertically and tilted towards the occlusal on something that's more complicated like the g-mask or a large bridge like above. Of course it takes more time to print...but you get accuracy. Still the bridge only took 57 minutes. The g-mask took twice as long, but the resin material is a thicker viscosity.
Check out the amount of supports generated on the G-mask. There's only like 8, but it printed fine.
G_Mask_OrientationJPG.JPG

Last edited:
G

grantoz

Reaction score
i looked at both printers and i got the asiga and im totally relieved that i did its been faultless service prints openness cost of running. their resins are excellent and reasonable price also.

JayH

JayH

Geek
Reaction score
hmmm, Didn't work for me...

gingiva mask oriented.jpg

Won't let me post a video, but the thing ends up flopping around like a fish out of water.

Wainwright

Wainwright

Reaction score
@LarryRDC Hi Larry, Is the hood a requirement or just a preference? At our print farm, you only notice the smell of the resin once you have 25+ Form 2's in the same room.

The Form Wash is a great piece of kit. : )

JayH

JayH

Geek
Reaction score
L

LarryRDC

Reaction score
@LarryRDC Hi Larry, Is the hood a requirement or just a preference? At our print farm, you only notice the smell of the resin once you have 25+ Form 2's in the same room.

The Form Wash is a great piece of kit. : )
Sam ,
I'm a one man operation based at home. With everything all in one small room, it did give me a headache. I also have allergies....The gingival mask is the worst, lol.
No more problems since I installed the hood. ;)

L

LarryRDC

Reaction score
No, I'm trying to use the material for a different application, one that is not supported by Nextdent. I'm not sure that your part, given it's size, is supported either but was encouraged when I saw it.

Actually the elastic G-mask resin is from Nextdent. From your pic ...I would try adding some more supports on the left and right buccals keeping them away from the gum line and maybe tilt the model a little more towards the occlusal

JayH

JayH

Geek
Reaction score
Actually the elastic G-mask resin is from Nextdent.

I understand. Here's a quote from a 3D Systems representative concerning the use of the Gingiva Mask material from Nextdent:

"When teams optimized gingiva mask printing, they made minimal supports and recommended to be placed on the lingual of the part. This is to ensure that the highest surface quality in both the underside (where the gingiva sets on the model),the sulcus area and the buccal surface.

When the build styles where created for implant based models, the parts averaged 15mm x 15mm. "

The part you showed looked to be larger than 15x15mm?

L

LarryRDC

Reaction score
I definitely was a big honkin' piece of gingiva, lol! I would try tilting at more of an angle towards the occlusal?

JayH

JayH

Geek
Reaction score
I've tried a number of different orientations, including flat. There's some interesting physics going on with that material.

Wainwright

Wainwright

Reaction score
Sam ,
I'm a one man operation based at home. With everything all in one small room, it did give me a headache. I also have allergies....The gingival mask is the worst, lol.
No more problems since I installed the hood. ;)

Nice. That makes sense. : )

Chris Frye

Chris Frye

Reaction score
Tell you a sad story…
We were considering the Asiga not long ago and whip mix offered to print some models for us so we could get a comparison. Two weeks after we sent the file still no models - sigh.
someone did follow up to see what we thought of the printer… To which I responded “I wouldn’t know you never sent me the model so I could do the comparison”

They were very responsive at that point, but I simply said “any Time I’m considering a new technology price is the last thing I look at. First is the utility of the piece of equipment within the workflows I want to create. Second is the complexity of using and maintaining the device, because scalability is important and training and maintenance can affect that. Third is the level of responsiveness and support from the person I’m purchasing it from, because I’m not yet an expert in the new technology, I need other experts to guide me while I’m becoming one. Fourth is price.”

Hello Jason-I apologize that we dropped the ball on getting you your print samples. That is not the norm for us. We print benchmark parts for people daily. If you would like to email me the stl file (if it can be emailed or Drop Box) at [email protected] I would be more than happy to have the benchmark part printed and sent out to you.

tehnik

tehnik

Reaction score
So I am about to purchase a nextdent (made for amann girrbach) . I got a good offer that also includes training in amann girrbach factory. Any last words :D ? I have an offer for Asiga also, but not as good. Is Nextdent worth its money or asiga is still better?

Chris Frye

Chris Frye

Reaction score
So I am about to purchase a nextdent (made for amann girrbach) . I got a good offer that also includes training in amann girrbach factory. Any last words :D ? I have an offer for Asiga also, but not as good. Is Nextdent worth its money or asiga is still better?
Give me a call when you have a chance. 513.680.1512.

J

J Pierce

Reaction score
I am curious as to what you decided? Let us know:)