Good morning Mr Tiatanium

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
I'm not here to question, just here to smile

Surgeon did a pretty decent job on this one, I corrected a bunch of angles as you can tell but this one will be a home run.

ParkwayDental

ParkwayDental

Reaction score
I would like to see this one when it is all done....

dmonwaxa

dmonwaxa

Reaction score
Very nice John, finish and geometry looks great much like stock abutments. What implant system are these on?

On second look are these a mix of stock and custom?

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
What material you throwing on those bad boys? Beautiful!!!

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
Troy you are right it's a combo of stock/custom and the stocks are as ideal as a stock can be, again good surgeon. We are making Pmma temps first and I believe it will be zi for the finals.

Looking forward to the design tomorrow it's getting duped with master does now just incase we need to change anything down the line.

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
What implant system are these on?

On second look are these a mix of stock and custom?

The interesting thing is this case is a mixture of 3 different implant fixture and while the buc/ling m/d placement is about as text book as you could hope for the real challenge to get the emergance on the abutments as good as they are now was the the dissimilar heights to the table of the fixtures. The centrals alone have a 4mm depth difference which can not be seen with the tissue on. #9 is an astra #8 is a straumann. The post are astra

When we did a case like this by hand, the time it took to get this results was just staggering. I can remember originally hand waxing UCLA's to full contour then cutting back to get the emergance. I then started setting denture teeth and making a matrix to speed things up. Finally we come to CAD and the design constraints are easily known and problems can be solved and plans made for better results in a fraction of the time

lcmlabforum

lcmlabforum

Reaction score
Like the finish on the abutments - do you plan to air-abrade before delivery to the DDS?
For WIW, it is always better to have lone standing units so that the patient can floss individual crowns.
LCM

Tayebdental

Tayebdental

Tayeb S. CDT
Donator
Reaction score
Good job. Did you mill some of those abutments at you lab John?.

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
Like the finish on the abutments - do you plan to air-abrade before delivery to the DDS?

In the past we would wax out the margin and then alox the cementing surface to give that rough look. Now we are anodizing all of our ant ti gold and find the color you achieve is indicative to the surface finish. The higher the shine the better/richer the color.

We are now experimenting with a mini hobby lathe to turn horizontal groves on the abutment that will allow us to get additional surface area for the cement to lock in but truthfully on abutments designed like this the taper is so minimal and the walls super square that we have no fear of the restoration coming off. Thess groove will help on abutments that are short in height.

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
Good job. Did you mill some of those abutments at you lab John?.

No I do not mill Ti, don't think I will ever jump into that market unless certain things change for us.

These abutments were design in 3shape and sent to nobel to be milled.

Tayebdental

Tayebdental

Tayeb S. CDT
Donator
Reaction score
In the past we would wax out the margin and then alox the cementing surface to give that rough look. Now we are anodizing all of our ant ti gold and find the color you achieve is indicative to the surface finish. The higher the shine the better/richer the color.

We are now experimenting with a mini hobby lathe to turn horizontal groves on the abutment that will allow us to get additional surface area for the cement to lock in but truthfully on abutments designed like this the taper is so minimal and the walls super square that we have no fear of the restoration coming off. Thess groove will help on abutments that are short in height.
These retention grooves I do by hand, if you'r carefull you could have good results. So why the milling center dose not create these grooves?. But again you need to work on case first. I answered myself.

Last edited:
KentPWalton

KentPWalton

Reaction score
Nice looking abutments. Can't wait to see pics during the process.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
These retention grooves I do by hand, if you'r carefull you could have good results. So why the milling center dose not create these grooves?. But again you need to work on case first. I answered myself.

Some do .You have the option for retentive grooves or not in the order form.

KentPWalton

KentPWalton

Reaction score

How are you cutting them by hand Taye?

KentPWalton

KentPWalton

Reaction score
John...any update on this case?

Top Bottom