Good morning! Hope all are well!!! Anybody know what shade will transpose to B63 IPN????

N

nickate

Reaction score
Thanks in advance... God an older dentist that is using her IPN shade guide.

ps2thtec

ps2thtec

Donator
Reaction score
Hmm, the conversion charts that you and I posted don't agree.:)
🤔.... interesting. I have several “cheat sheets” for shade conversion and only one I posted even had B63. It may have come from vita. Maybe depends on the lighting used when someone made it.

Doris A

Doris A

Donator
Solutions
Reaction score
Thanks in advance... God an older dentist that is using her IPN shade guide.
Since the conversion charts don't agree, I would get the shade tab from the Dr and use it to find something that comes close to it.
Is the case C&B or a denture? If it's a denture I would take the cards of teeth that come the closest to her and let her decide which ones to use. I'd also let her know that she needs to get a new shade guide.

Last edited:
Sda36

Sda36

Reaction score
Best outcome, get the Value right. You can make 4 mistakes in Hue but only 1 in value.

For those who may not be aware, value is a degree in brightness from low being black to white being brite. As hue, color, or the same intensity of it will lower the value if more added. Always be Aware, if you add more color, you will decrease value. That's why you need to "Support" value while planning.( Brightening from the get go. This is from " Taki" a Master Ceramist I was fortunate to meet and to hear his lecture. No matter what materials you're using for ceramics, this rule applys. Tanaka Dental had an amazing color chart and courses on this subject. Stop getting the " looks a bit dark " comments from your Dr.'s

MIYO from Jensen takes most if "Any" concerns you've " Ever Had" out of your dental " Nightmares" I still have them weekly, not just shades but porcelain just " falling" off, opening in a new lab and equipment non functional and here's the Kicker!!! " 20 times normal or even possible volume WITH old tech, all PFM'S with porcelain margins. Am I Alone??? Please say no. 🙃🙃🙃

Sda36

Sda36

Reaction score
Best outcome, get the Value right. You can make 4 mistakes in Hue but only 1 in value.

For those who may not be aware, value is a degree in brightness from low being black to white being brite. As hue, color, or the same intensity of it will lower the value if more added. Always be Aware, if you add more color, you will decrease value. That's why you need to "Support" value while planning.( Brightening from the get go. This is from " Taki" a Master Ceramist I was fortunate to meet and to hear his lecture. No matter what materials you're using for ceramics, this rule applys. Tanaka Dental had an amazing color chart and courses on this subject. Stop getting the " looks a bit dark " comments from your Dr.'s

MIYO from Jensen takes most if "Any" concerns you've " Ever Had" out of your dental " Nightmares" I still have them weekly, not just shades but porcelain just " falling" off, opening in a new lab and equipment non functional and here's the Kicker!!! " 20 times normal or even possible volume WITH old tech, all PFM'S with porcelain margins. Am I Alone??? Please say no. 🙃🙃🙃
Ptsd = PRESENT TRAUMATIC STRESS DISORDER & PRE TRAUMATIC STRESS DISORDER. No way linking this to be Antything like Military for Certain.
Outside, are industry people, for certain!! But we do get our share and unfortunately leads to all to many deaths. I know personally of 5 of in our industry, in my life, which seems quite high compared with the normal population. Have known the dentist statistics show a higher rate of suicides than in our own field. IMHO, Dentists make too much money and get into worse trouble statically down the road. Not our problem in that respect for the most of us, yet.

I reflected in this last night and wow, the actual number of threats or implied is in the thousands in my 40 + career. All bone crushing or financially implied. WE'RE A GOOD FORCE !!!
We have more, in my experience, and not from being over payed

N

nickate

Reaction score
Thank y'all! I grabbed my B63, A2 and B2 Portrait guides and let the Dr. have a look..
She settled on A2.
It is flexi P/ including 11-14.
I think the situation was one more of comfort than an actual specific B63 shade... I did swap out her Bioform guide for an extra Portrait one I had.
I am no longer using Portrait teeth due to my temper tantrum with Dentsply discontinuing the Tru Expressions line.

TY again-- enjoy the weekend (don't work too hard)!

bigj1972

bigj1972

Reaction score
Bioform shades are exiled. Best to throw the tabs away.