Gold basket crowns

subrisi

subrisi

Reaction score
I had a boyfriend with these on his centrals. I told him I will not date him if he keeps them. So I made him new teeth.

CatamountRob

CatamountRob

Banned Member
Reaction score
I had a boyfriend with these on his centrals. I told him I will not date him if he keeps them. So I made him new teeth.
Where I come from, anyone with teeth is a keeper, we aren't so picky about what they look like......

G

GarryB

Reaction score
Just got into the lab (Saturday morning here in the UK),thanks for your replies guys.

2thm8kr, 2 separate veneers, that sounds like a plan that could work as the patient does want full gold palatatlly. I know this job is going to be a lot of work for what could be a simple solution of yellow bonding gold veneered with porcelain but sometimes it's interesting to face a challenge and get a job sorted.

JMN.....Starlight.....genius!! if they ship to the UK we are sorted ;)

Tom Moore

Tom Moore

Reaction score
When I first got into the lab busniss in north Louisiana we did these and they were called shell crowns. They were hand formed from sheet gold and solder. Nasty Business for those wearing them.

I have made them on preps as cast crowns with acrylic in the center an gold ceramic metal with porcelain in the center.

I've even done the reverse for an NFL player with pfm's with his name in gold sticking through the pfm's. I though about doing them backwards so this dummy could read his name in the mirror every morning and get a jump on the day.

My religion says my body is the temple god gave me for my soul to reside in while I'm here. I'm not to intentionally deface it. Mine needs a good remodel because of weathering and to way much isolation but I'm to close to the dirt nap to invest the time and money.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Just got into the lab (Saturday morning here in the UK),thanks for your replies guys.

2thm8kr, 2 separate veneers, that sounds like a plan that could work as the patient does want full gold palatatlly. I know this job is going to be a lot of work for what could be a simple solution of yellow bonding gold veneered with porcelain but sometimes it's interesting to face a challenge and get a job sorted.

JMN.....Starlight.....genius!! if they ship to the UK we are sorted ;)
How'd things shake out?

G

GarryB

Reaction score
How'd things shake out?

I did the diagnostic as per request......looked awful, and also did a waxup based on a full prep so as to do full gold crowns in yellow bonding gold with the middle section veneered with porcelain. They looked great with the contrast of yellow gold and porcelain (not my cup of tea but from a tech point of view) and the patient was very happy.
It turned into a bit of a rush job so didn't get any pics in the lab but have asked the dentist for some pics after fitting. If he sends me them I will post them up.
Oh, and the dentist said this was his original solution....mmmmmm?