Going model less.

Baobabtree

Baobabtree

Reaction score
As a noob to DOF and exocad, I have tried scanning imps(not many),my first impression is that depending on the impression it is going to struggle to get all the details of the impression. I've tried with and without spray, if the prep is fairly small, long and narrow then despite repeated scans there is still relevant data missing. On my relatively small number of test scans I do wonder if it is viable in terms of consistency, to continue to scan imps. How do you all get good detailed scans?

eyeloveteeth

eyeloveteeth

Reaction score
the only time i find scanning the impression making sense is for aligners or diagnostic wax ups. NOT for prep scan...by the time you get all you need and then prep the model in program, you can have a stone model ditched and ready.

S

sirmorty

Reaction score
So what's the solution then? I guess IO scans, but I have had IO scans made to a 3d printed model and had issues with the restorations not fitting in the mouth but are fine on the printed model.

I guess it must just be a bad scan.

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
So what's the solution then? I guess IO scans, but I have had IO scans made to a 3d printed model and had issues with the restorations not fitting in the mouth but are fine on the printed model.

I guess it must just be a bad scan.
not positive all the technology is quite there yet to make it all happen for us as they sell it.
then again, some people are doing it with great success.

Top Bottom