Going digital , chapter 2

T

tincho73

Reaction score
Hi everybody

Back in 2001 my father and I got a Model 40 Procera Scanner (Chapter 1 of our digital lab). That is how we got into the cad/cam world. But in 2010 Nobel biocare quit support in my country ...so the we got into dark times not being able to getthe money to invest in a new cad/cam equipment.
Last year we have got the chance to buy an used Zirkonzahn manual milling machine , so we had the control again over our zirconia production. (more on this in another post).
Now we have the chance to buy a used cad/cam Cercon equipment , the most basic of all , millin only zr frameworks (2002 mfd) for less than 10% of a new equipment , and there is another that can mill pma ,wax and zr for about 20% of a similr new system...
Tomorrow i´n going to go to the lab that is selling those cercon equipments to check them and have a quick overview of what can I do on each.
So any special thing that I should Check to se if they are in good shape? , any technical question I should make? , anything that you can imagine? that will be helpfull. We trying to be digital again....

Thanks!

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
ask to see them make a cercon unit and show the unit AS IT COMES OUT OF THE FURNACE and put on the die. then tell me this is worth its price.

by a rock, it will have better ability to make zirconia than Cercon.

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
LIke CHL said, Good luck, I would steer far from that system. Your better of getting a Cerec system even and MCXL unit. If money is tight I would highly suggest holding off and saving a bit more, this is not an area you want to cut short, especially how far CAD/CAM has evolved from the Mod40 Days, I remember our Mod 40 and Forte scanners.

dmonwaxa

dmonwaxa

Reaction score
I resonate whats been seis above. My experience was always negative even from Dentsply Ceramco milling center in NJ, USA.
Open margins...pulled/shrinkage especially on bridges.

C

charles007

Reaction score
I would not buy at any price ! For one its outdated, probably zero support, little chance if any on buying parts or repairing ?
Two, Double zero resell value...
Second better cheap choice, used MCXL with scanner..
If you determined to buy, ask if the lab will rent by the month ! ONLY after watching this lab make several crowns for you as you watch
every step in the process as suggested above. No contract ! no lease ! pay as you use ! and not responsible for breakage....... :D
Cheapest used systems in the US are used Cerec/MCXL, and there very plentiful.... "dime a dozen",,,, This is a term we use in the US,, it means its worthless... lol

Edit:
With enough digital experience, the MCXL at the right price will work fine for most of your wax and zirconia demands.

Last edited:
T

tincho73

Reaction score
thanks to all for advice and opinions...guess this time we´re going t stay with our old but always trusty Zirkonzahn manual milling machine...never let us down...

Best regards to all!