"glazing" PMMA Temps

jackjabbour

jackjabbour

Reaction score
is there a favorite PMMA Temp material you use for glazing shaded pucks to be milled on my Roland?

Ive tried the Minute Stain I believe is what its called….it glazed up very easy and fast but wasn't to happy with the color options….any suggestions would be great! thanks guys and gals!!

Jack

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
I use man-sauce glaze on everything I touch.

Sticky-shiny! (yuk!)

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Reaction score
The best colors money can buy. http://www.kerrdental.com/kerrdental-composites-kolorplus-2 Not cheap... So just order the Kolors you need.
And get Radica sealer from Dentsply. At $14 a bottle, you cant afford not to try it. 100X Better and friendlier than palaseal and mixes with the Kerr Kolors like a dream.

Toothman19

Toothman19

Reaction score
Marcusthegladiator CDT

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Reaction score
Are those the same colors as the Belle de St. Claire color modifiers?
I dunno, but since I posted this I have grown fond of Anaxdents colors... But Kerr are still as nice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Reaction score
I like Gc opticolor, its very good. I think it is the best out there today

http://www.gcamerica.com/lab/products/OPTIGLAZE_color/index.php
John,
The Kerr colors and Anaxdent colors are both nice. My issue with the Kerr is the bottles become half full and its a pain to squeeze out only a tiny bit after that. So you end up wasting tons of color. So I liked Anaxdents Syringes of color. If I'm only looking to use a fraction of a drop, that's all I squeeze out. I also can get 100% of the material out of the syring. Regarding the LC opaque, the Anaxdent material just does a better job of covering the surface evenly.
How does the GC LC colors work? How are the bottles? It does look like a wider range of incisal stains and creams/whites, which is nice. Unless I'm mistaking those for opaquers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
What's the curing time?

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
AltreX

AltreX

Reaction score
Nice John, I might have to give this a shot.

Here is a display case I did for a friend just glaze to stain, gradient PMMA. Only glazed half to show before and after.
I did a dual cure first under UV light then in a Light box for 2min. Pearson Lab Varnish that's all.

View attachment 18448 View attachment 18449 View attachment 18450
Nice glaze, but that happened to teeth? Are going to shape them and add some microsurface after you glaze?
.... or maybe your customers are getting what they are paying :D LoL

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
Nice glaze, but that happened to teeth? Are going to shape them and add some microsurface after you glaze?
.... or maybe your customers are getting what they are paying :D LoL

LOL

Like I said it was a demo case, the first case I did did get finalized in the shapes before glazing it.

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
The problem with most light cure glaze is that it discolors, the opticolor is so new for us that I have no idea how long it will hold up but the color is great.

We used to use palaseal and add porcelain stain before all this fancy product was out. It always looks splotchy as the color really never homogenized into the glaze. The new stuff makes my life much easier.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
john have you used the opti on dentures?

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
john have you used the opti on dentures?
I use it on my full arch zirconia cases where the patient will wear the mock PMMA for some time.

Its very in vogue today to characterize with composite post polymerization but I am not sold on this. If I want or are asked to colorize I do it prior to injecting

I have used it on repairs and on relines to make them look a bit better but not on NEW cases thus far, waiting to see how color fast it is.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
Thats the response I was expecting, in vogue is the word. Im not sold on it either, but was thinking of trying it on repairs to hide any demarkation lines, or to characterize flippers etc..