Glaze for Zirconia Full Crowns

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
One look at the granular structure of the Milo pastes tells me that this material wil not wear off any time soon.
Skim the liquid off the top and you are left with a jar of semi dry porcelain.

S

sonlab

Reaction score
The liquid in Miyo is Insync glaze liquid
If you let Insync glaze paste dry out on a brush, you get a fine granular porcelain powder too.
If we know how long Insync glaze paste lasts in vivo, we can get some idea how long Miyo will last, it seems to be based on the Insync glaze system??
Am I missing something here?

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
No, i don't think so. I am confident that any glaze,nanoceramic that requires vacuum, is very durable.
This is not the same mindset as the old pfm ceramics. Those days are over. Thank God!

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
No, i don't think so. I am confident that any glaze,nanoceramic that requires vacuum, is very durable.
This is not the same mindset as the old pfm ceramics. Those days are over. Thank God!
Insync glaze doesnt "require" vac, fyi

RDA

RDA

Reaction score
We have used InSync stain and glaze for years. We recently switched our stains over to Noritake/Kuraray stains, and use InSync galze with them. The Noritake/Kuraray stains are more true to color than the InSync stains. Also, if you just want to try them out you can purchase them individually, instead of having to purchase a whole kit like Jensen forces you to do for Miyo.
https://www.kuraraynoritake.eu/en/cerabien-zr-fc-paste-stain.html

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
I believe MIYO does. Certainly GC Lustre Paste does.
for Miyo structure, yes....but for the Insync glaze it does not. and GC lustre paste does not require vac either.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
You're right. I was certain there was a vac setting for GC. You are the man !

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
in fact, anyone i know thats struggled to get good results with the insync i have told them to eliminate the vac and they have all gotten better results. theres no need to run vac on your glaze cycles folks. at least not with these glazes

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
they advise it, but its not required.
ive used 3 glazes in the lab....emax, gc lustre paste, and insync. NONE of them i fire with vac and all get better and more consistent results without the vac IMHO

Maybe what's helped me is that I start my vacuum right from the low temp up to high temp, then release.
Avante used to do that too, start the vacuum at such and such a temp above the base temp (as far as I remember),but the results were under fired IMO. So I just used to start vacuum right away and got better, a more matured fired porc look.

I'll give your suggestion a try, though, sidebob :)

F

FASTFNGR

Reaction score
Jensen's InSync Glaze Paste is a very popular glaze for a variety of restorations.
I agree Jensen is a good one for all kind of restorations. And not expensive at all.

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
That looks intense.. order from Jensen?
correct. biggest downfall is having to order the entire kit.
BUT
i’ve opened and used nearly everything in the kit. maybe 1-2 things i haven’t opened only because i haven’t had the right case come across my desk. it’s not like other kits where you don’t use half or more of it. at least for me and my noobness

Andrew Priddy

Andrew Priddy

Donator
Reaction score
What does it fire at?
I’m interested, definitely.

Top Bottom