Getting better milling quality - Wieland Mini

Contraluz

Contraluz

Donator
Reaction score
Inspired by the ZirkonZahn post, I think, I don't get the best out of the Wieland Mini mill. I am specially thinking of the 0.3 mm bur, which seems to not getting any use. I feel, what ever we do doesn't make any significant difference.

I am on Zenotec V 6.10.31 Beta.

So, if any of you knows how to get that bur working the occlusions and embrasures, I'd appreciate.

Thanks in advance,

M

Last edited:
Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
Have you milled an untouched extreme anatomy molar, using the .3 highlight occlusion setting
and one with .7 mm bur, and compared the difference? I'd probably be curious to try it for myself sometime.

Also, have you tried using manual mode to highlight more of the occlusion (my 3 lines) and the interproximals for the .3 bur?
I think it will only make a difference when it's truly .3 anatomy or interproximal depth.

manual.PNG

Contraluz

Contraluz

Donator
Reaction score
I will check with my co-worker and see what we are doing and it if is different. Thanks!

Getoothachopper

Getoothachopper

Reaction score
I use the .3 bur every day . It really makes a big difference (one downside is that I find once a year I have to change the touch plate ,but they're cheap) I'm on zeno V6.16.29 which I had to pay for (like $2 or 3K,I don't remember now) so I could use the .3 bur and be able to move the crown design up and down in the puck. I do tend to like doing deep anatomy when permitted & the .3 is the only bur that will do it right .

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
I may have assumed, wrongly, that Contraluz mini was registering the .3 and thus had the advanced cam.
Can the Basic cam read that it's a .3, but won't use it, only the .7, probably from the #6 spot? Yep, around $2500.

Anyway, I bought the advanced cam for the same reasons as you chopper, to use the .3 and the ability to move the units up and down in the puck.
v6.16.29

A

Arkhalon

Reaction score
Hello. I wanna buy a Zenotec Mini. Please say some information this milling machine. I have a ZirkonZahn M1 Wet Heavy and i wanna second open system milling machine. I need positive and negative opinion Zenotec Mini, before i buy. Thanks all answer what i get. Sorry my english.

Contraluz

Contraluz

Donator
Reaction score
Hello. I wanna buy a Zenotec Mini. Please say some information this milling machine. I have a ZirkonZahn M1 Wet Heavy and i wanna second open system milling machine. I need positive and negative opinion Zenotec Mini, before i buy. Thanks all answer what i get. Sorry my english.
It is a very robust mill, but only 4 axis. So, it will mill your single crowns and bridges with parallel insertion very well. But everything divergent, not so well. And, from what I learned out of this thread, make sure you have the most resent CAM software...

Top Bottom