Getting a Driver

D

dford

Reaction score
I'm ready to hire a driver, because I'm getting to much work to keep on driving myself.I not sure on how to go about paying my driver. Some suggestion would be helpful

R

RJS8669

Reaction score
We've been employing retirees as drivers forever - maybe post an ad at your local bingo parlor? Pay is probably dependent on your area - its hard to find someone who is reliable and makes a decent customer impression for minimum wage in our area (DC). We pay $12-13/hour, and we provide the car. I now others who subcontract the work and pay a flat fee by the stop with the driver supplying the car...

PCDL

PCDL

Reaction score
Ditto, I only hire retirees. Works out well. I pay $12/hr or so.

BobCDT

BobCDT

Reaction score
I use retired folks as well. I think we pay $12 an hour. They use their car and I pay mileage.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Obviously they weren't retired dental technicians.

nvarras

nvarras

Reaction score
And technically speaking...they're not retired either.

Flipperlady

Flipperlady

Reaction score
When i was working in a lab before owning my own I was approached by another lab owner about doing some pick up and delivery. I was paid by the case
and it wasn't worth the trouble. I would think you would have to hire someone and pay them for set hours either morning or afternoon to make it worthwhile to someone. I've toyed with the idea of hiring a local taxi to pick up and deliver cases as there is a guy right down the road that does that kind of thing for a reasonable price.

Betalab

Betalab

Reaction score
Our delivery people have all come from dental backgrounds. They run their pickup schedule similar to an appointment book. They can walk the walk and talk the talk and know how long a retainer takes to make versus a twin block and so are skilled enough to prioritise their pickups and deliveries. They handle dispatch and invoice and payments received, postage and banking and general girl Friday chores and they feel a very balanced career. We supply car. They just keep it fuelled. $15 per hour.10% superannuation. 4 weeks annual