general cam question

L

Leejh

Reaction score
I noticed that when there are multiple units in a single disk, the milling machine mills one unit at a time unless it's a bridge. So my question is... is there a cam that can mill multiple jobs at once? For example, it would pick up 2.5 bur only once for 20-30 units, 1mm bur only one time, and so on. So basically, the cam would consider the whole disk as a one big spiderweb bridge. Is there a cam like that already?

doug

doug

Reaction score
What CAM software are you using. I haven't watched an entire mill process, but it seems that my hyperdent CAM uses one bur for all units then moves to the next.

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
Sounds like a wieland cam. If so there is a group button, first p lace all the units and sprues them, then press the group button and it will do them in coping, crowns and bridges. But if a coping is 5axis and some are not those are consintered separate groups. I hope you were talking about wieland cam.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

L

Leejh

Reaction score
I used sirona inlab cam. It finished one unit at a time 2.5->1->0.5? then it move to the next unit. So I guess it pick up and put back 3x25= 75 times for 25 units in one disk. I thought it would be faster if the cam consider the whole disk as a bridge. Are you using hyperdent compact or classic? I'm looking for a new cam software. I hear hyperdent and sum3d are good but I have no real way to compare them

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
I used sirona inlab cam. It finished one unit at a time 2.5->1->0.5? then it move to the next unit. So I guess it pick up and put back 3x25= 75 times for 25 units in one disk. I thought it would be faster if the cam consider the whole disk as a bridge. Are you using hyperdent compact or classic? I'm looking for a new cam software. I hear hyperdent and sum3d are good but I have no real way to compare them
What version?

L

Leejh

Reaction score
inlab cam sw 16.1 I think this is the latest

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
Have you tried the Facebook group?

https://www.facebook.com/groups/inlab/

I know there is a option you're not enabling. Wieland is the same, if you don't enable it every time it will mill one crown start to finish. pretty annoying. I'm not a inlab user but i'm sure it can be done,

L

Leejh

Reaction score
yeah I tried facebook and manual. I don't think there is any option like that in sirona cam.

I had a chance to see wieland machine and cam few days ago. It looked like a good option along with hyperdent and sum3d but I think i saw a post they are discontinuing the zenotec line. I'm a little worried about the support because I don't even know how to change the spindle.

Getoothachopper

Getoothachopper

Reaction score
I noticed that when there are multiple units in a single disk, the milling machine mills one unit at a time unless it's a bridge. So my question is... is there a cam that can mill multiple jobs at once? For example, it would pick up 2.5 bur only once for 20-30 units, 1mm bur only one time, and so on. So basically, the cam would consider the whole disk as a one big spiderweb bridge. Is there a cam like that already?
Like Sevan said that's exactly how my Wieland CAM works as long as they all have the same milling strategy . But only in my dreams can I get 20-30 units out of each disk :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
How much does one disc cost?

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
How much does one disc cost?
My cost
10mm 74
12mm 89
14mm 99
16mm 119 etc...

We buy in bulk and spend about 5k a month we also did a 10k buy in at the begining.

This was a 12mm so each unit cost me $3.60 plus the cost of each but brought it up to about $5 per unit. Not including machine cost, electricity and so on.

esamuelr

esamuelr

Reaction score
Something to consider with multiple tool changes, you increase the chance the machine can identify a broken tool.

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
Something to consider with multiple tool changes, you increase the chance the machine can identify a broken tool.

Not entirely true, wieland Hybrid Select 16 tools, it will use the next tool in line once the life of the first tool is reached, but if the tool breaks it will no put the broken tool away then gran the next good tool and continue. This is mainly based all on the CNC software, and most in the dental field do not have this option. But if the tool does break and the user is connected remotely, they can drop the tool modify the cam tooling and resume with the newer tool location. I have done this many times and I have had a web cam in front of the mill so I can see what exactly is going on so i don't crash the mill.

L

Leejh

Reaction score
a web cam in front of the mill? how did you set this up? I never seen this before. Do you have a laptop next to a mill and have an external logitech webcam set up outside the glass door?

Top Bottom