GC Optiglaze on denture

B

BLUE

Ratings
4 1
Hello,
Can anyone tell me the result of Gc Optiglaze on the dentures?
Does it really last long time? some people said that it will be come off within couple of days or something.
If anyone used it before on the dentures please let me know.
Also is it work if i layer it after the polish? or is it better to use it after sandblast the denture?

Thank you

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Ratings
7,327 113
Since no one with more experience is chiming in I'll give you my thoughts.
I use Optiglaze on long term C&B temps and temp dentures for implant cases.
As long as you cover the stains with a light cured glaze they should be durable. I don't polish my temps I use Dreve nano glaze instead. I have a few temps that have been in the mouth for over a year for various reasons and the Optiglaze stains are still there.

I sand blast the surfaces before applying the stains because if not the stains bead up like water on a freshly waxed car. Use the light cured glaze to seal the surface.

nvarras

nvarras

Ratings
298 2
Has anyone cured the optiglaze using the Ivoclar light curing unit? (the Lumamat). Will it work and how long would I need to cure it for?

B

bigj1972

Ratings
I have used PalaSeal on acrylics over the past year, and recently have had a couple come back with stains that are darker in these areas. I also have used OptiGlaze clear, but not enough to see return results. It was my intention to use these products as a sealer, gingival stain barrier. Patients still have to clean their removable, but if it actually stains worse when the top sheen is abraded, it is self defeating. These formulas seem similar, but maybe Mr. Tom Z could respond as I would take his experience as Gospel.

TomZ

TomZ

Ratings
498 3
Care should be given to amount of exposure time you subject Optiglaze to. Over exposure will cause product to brown over a period of time. I can recommend the SunUV w/dual optical wavelength (365nm+405nm) L.E.D., it doesn't over heat the acrylic, or overexpose the Optiglaze. I put a small mirror on the bottom of mine for greater reflection and can cure Optiglaze in about a minute. It also cures light cure baseplate materials and UV gels. At 45.99 its a great deal.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06XK7Z8V...&pd_rd_r=a89153d4-1844-11e9-b8f7-cf1c3387e484
710mfUjwKHL._SX522_.jpg

Guest Room
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!