gc lustre pastes

JeffT

JeffT

jeff
Reaction score
try Nowak. Here in australia they quoted me $1000. got it from shaun at Nowak for $550 shipped to my door and that includes exchange rate.

You guys don't relize how much cheaper you can get stuff for in your country.
jeff:)

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
try Nowak. Here in australia they quoted me $1000. got it from shaun at Nowak for $550 shipped to my door and that includes exchange rate.

You guys don't relize how much cheaper you can get stuff for in your country.
jeff:)

Shawn Nowak is a hell of a great guy as well.......besides being one of those small patriotic dental suppliers out there that you may find is much cheaper on almost everything you can find in any supply catalog. Here is his information.....

Shawn M. Nowak
Nowak Dental Supplies Inc.
President
800-654-7623 Work
601-749-3534 Fax
Dental Supplies - Waterpik, Denture Teeth, Porcelain Oven, Whipmix Vericore (Verus) CAD CAM
6716 Hwy 11 North
Carriere, MS 39426

v2thmaster

v2thmaster

Reaction score
I talked today to my Zahn rep and she told me that
Zahn selling GC luster paste for $417, deal ends May 7th!

C

charles007

Reaction score
Zahn will match or sell for less, if you ask !

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Hi All,

I just recieved the Luster Paste NF( finally approved in Canada).

I reread this thread and was wondering if anyone had any updates from using the Pastes.

I will be trying it out soon so any pointers would be appreciated.I will be also trying the IQ One body porcelain.

Is there a shoulder porcelain or do you use the One body for the butt margins as well ?

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
Hi All,

I reread this thread and was wondering if anyone had any updates from using the Pastes.

I will be trying it out soon so any pointers would be appreciated.I will be also trying the IQ One body porcelain.

Is there a shoulder porcelain or do you use the One body for the butt margins as well ?

Shoulders, Butts, I'll show you mine if you show me yours........geez, what happened to this thread....lol Paste is great, don't use it on layered e.max, everything else works, let us know about the IQ one body, very interested in knowing how nice that is.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Canada and USA ...shoulder to shoulder...butt to butt.

Toast

Toast

Reaction score
Hi All,

I've been using the one body and luster nf for a few months now. Its a great system for kicking out the straight up shade tab cases easy and quick. I've even had success on some multiple unit anterior cases. When it comes to the darker shades I've found its easier to modify the opaque so the luster a-d shades don't have to be put on so thick.
As far as shoulder porc. the one body system is part of the MC system. After looking at the MC shoulder porcs. I really didn't want to deal with it so I ordered some Classic shoulder proc from ivoclar (A1,B1,C1,D2, Orange modifier, Brown modifier) It fires on the 2nd opaque program for the MC opaques. So far all the shades have been right on, if anything I'll go a little light and shade up with the luster shades if necessary.
I'm also loving the luster paste nf on e.max. It has allowed me to more full contour HT cases. I just can't explain the depth it gives to the monolithic crowns.

Gdentallab

Gdentallab

Reaction score
are you able to change the value of a crown with the luster?

Gdentallab

Gdentallab

Reaction score

Toast

Toast

Reaction score

Yes. A little bit of gray or blue on the inc. 1/2 and done. I haven't tried the incisio (pink) luster yet, its supposed to used to adjust the value as well.

When I do an A1 or A2 after applying luster N and A I'll add a little blue at the incisal from where the luster A stops to the incisal edge, sometimes a little grey on the lingual inc. 1/3 on anteriors. For an A3-A4 after luster N and A I'll work in a little grey in the same manner. You just have to make sure you blend everything in well and tap it pretty good before you fire.

P

paulg100

Reaction score
OK i seem to have had a bit of a different experience with this stuff than many of you.

I had a trial kit a few months back and to be honest i was a bit dissapointed.

The stain gave me patchy results the same as you would get heaping on normal stain.In fact if you look at the sample cases in the manual, these also have a patchy appearance.

I thought it would help with staining monolithic zirconia crowns but in the end i got just as good a result with regular exam ceram stains so i couldnt justify buying the kit.

C

charles007

Reaction score
Paul, I now use Lustre on all monolithic emax........Do you remember if you used the neutral , then stains, just like emax stains? I've found that Lustre gives me a layered look and easy to get a glaze. (I usually press with the correct shade, or one shade lighter) maybe that is why I'm not getting a patchy appearance?

Tried GC Lustre on a full contoured bridge zirconia this week, and I couldn't get the shade right.The kit needs more colors to achieve the shades.... Will try the Shofu Art stains next time.
Just for the record, full contour zirconia stained with Vita Akzent stains looks great...

Last edited:
P

paulg100

Reaction score
didnt have the kit long enough to try on emax charles, but im doing all my monolithic crowns with CAD which is alot nicer looking than the press for monolithic anyway.

Might try again with emax if i get the chance.

C

clearH2O

Reaction score
mixed GC Luster Paste with other stain

Paul, I now use Lustre on all monolithic emax........Do you remember if you used the neutral , then stains, just like emax stains? I've found that Lustre gives me a layered look and easy to get a glaze. (I usually press with the correct shade, or one shade lighter) maybe that is why I'm not getting a patchy appearance?

Tried GC Lustre on a full contoured bridge zirconia this week, and I couldn't get the shade right.The kit needs more colors to achieve the shades.... Will try the Shofu Art stains next time.
Just for the record, full contour zirconia stained with Vita Akzent stains looks great...

Hi Charles, I have problem with patchy appearance when I am a hurry. Paul and you help me recall of what I have tried to overcome my past experience. I think a thin/dry stain of Universal stain or Vita Akzent won't change the appearance of monolithic Emax or Zircon so this is what did: Mixed them, because GC luster paste did not have varieties stain to cover all 3D shades.
I fire glazing twice on Zirconia or Lava, but once fire on Emax.
To avoid patchy, I mixed either very little of Vita Akzent or Universal stain on a clean pallet with GC glaze liquid to match the Rx shade required. With the hard-to-match shade, I stain on shade guide to verify under magnified scope.
I fire first glaze then correct with second glaze if it is needed.
If the shade was achieved after first glaze, I apply GC Neutral on facial or buccal, and add just enough blue paste irregularly on tip of the cusps to imitate incisal.
Experience the paste thickness when mixing GC paste and using porcelain build up technique also help avoid patchy.
Please give your opinions if my technique incorrect or may cause more problems.
thanks
clearh2o