GC Lustre Paste to shade ZR copings

ts4341

ts4341

Reaction score
Has anyone used GC Lustre Pastes to shade Zr copings? Or have you tried the new GC LR light reflective materials to help shade Zr copings? If so, what was your final firing temp on the Lustre Pastes to shade copings?

Thanks T :)

doug

doug

Reaction score
Lustre pastes work very well to shade Zr.

ts4341

ts4341

Reaction score
Lustre pastes work very well to shade Zr.
Yes, I know they work great on FCZs, i use them everyday.. I talking about pre-shading Zir copings with them before porcelain.

Scotts studio

Scotts studio

Reaction score
I've never used it that way, I would check with GC before I tried it, does'nt sound good to me ,we need to fire at a much higher temp for a bond layer.

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
You could fire your bonding layer first and then stain the coping, much like emax?

ts4341

ts4341

Reaction score
There is a good article in Dental Lab Products showing this technique on an upper anterior case. Check it out ;)

D

Daniela

Reaction score
mages2.advanstar.com/PixelMags/dental-lab-products/digitaledition/05-2013.html?hsCtaTracking=492624ef-c1bf-44e4-b323-699dee151019%7C6f90b3d7-e858-42a3-9bf9-f1c878864cbf#28
Try that again! As it is is not redirecting to a page, and I am very interested in reading the article. I am receiving the monthly publication in the mail and i don't recall the article.
Thank you!

k2 Ceramic Studio

k2 Ceramic Studio

Reaction score
It looks like they have used the GC LR light reflective material on this case not the luster past, when I was at GC a couple of months ago they where pushing the LR range and just using the luster past like a normal glaze kit, no one talked about using it to modifie the Zr before build up.

ts4341

ts4341

Reaction score
That's why I posted this thread, I thought that article was strange. I am going to try out the LR materials this week. Even if this some how worked with the GC L.P.s, how would this effect the porcelain bond strength to the zr coping? I am not sure I'd go there..

Toast

Toast

Reaction score
This is from their TechManual:
"A single-colour application (a) of the Zr-LR Liners is possible, as well as a multi-colour application (b),or an additional coloration with GC Initial IQ Lustre Pastes NF (c)."

"Tip: Use more intense Zr-LR Liner to modify the basic shades partially. To achieve maximum modification, we also recommend the use of GC Initial IQ Lustre Pastes on the Liner."

I use the lustre paste often after the zirliner. It works great on emax too using the minimal cutback technique.

ts4341

ts4341

Reaction score
Excellent.. Thanks.. I will def play around with this technique :thumb:

DevonR

DevonR

Reaction score
We are using it to shade zr copings. We still dip the coping, but use it only on the ones that need modification or have many different colours.

And it works GREAT!

We took the course as well. I highly recommend that.