GC LiSi Over Zirconia Substructures?

Bentchase

Bentchase

Reaction score
Really would like to try out the new LiSi. Getting tires of emax ceram and loving the results/feedback from other GC users. I use GC MC and Love it but went the e.ceram route a couple of years back on the ceramics side so that I don't have to have multiple porcelain kits.
Heard some labs were layering LiSi over zirconia with great results others not.
Anyone want to fess up and share results? Want the kit, don't want 3 systems however.

Thank you guys!

Al.

Al.

Reaction score
You said others reporting not so great results ? What have you heard negative ?

Bentchase

Bentchase

Reaction score
You said others reporting not so great results ? What have you heard negative ?

Seperating/pulling at the margin is all I heard. Could've been a scare tactic. Said that it could come down to a tweek in oven temperature. You are a GC sponsored(?) man who is probably well watched. You okay saying that sort of thing? Joking mostly......

I am very happy to hear of your success and the included pictures of your restorations are amazing.

2 follow up Questions:
1: How much tweeking did you go through for proper results? Temps others have posted been relatively close?
2: Use to Zirliner and dentin wash. What are you doing to achieve your approved bond between dentin and zir sub?

Thank you!!!!!! As always......

A

adamb4321

Reaction score
I had a LiSi trial kit a while ago. Fires beautifully on Zr. Its a lovely ceramic to use and we experienced no margins lifting. I asked one of the guys who developed it at a recent exhibition what to use a the bond layer. He recommended the FD powders.

Bentchase

Bentchase

Reaction score
I had a LiSi trial kit a while ago. Fires beautifully on Zr. Its a lovely ceramic to use and we experienced no margins lifting. I asked one of the guys who developed it at a recent exhibition what to use a the bond layer. He recommended the FD powders.
Seems like a slam dunk. Did you convert? Why?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
We use LiSi on emax works AWESOME so much nicer than EMAX ceram. We use GC specific porc now for ZI, we have not mixed and matched until GC recommends it officially.

Bentchase

Bentchase

Reaction score
We use LiSi on emax works AWESOME so much nicer than EMAX ceram. We use GC specific porc now for ZI, we have not mixed and matched until GC recommends it officially.

My thought is.......why would the same porcelain work ontop of both mediums for one company and not the other. Shouldn't be too great of temp difference due to the lower firing /melting(cough cough) parameters of the emax material.
20140620_081619.jpg

Thinking maybe if the ceram is barely within both thermal expansion/cohesion parameters of the two substructure, maybe GC fits a little better with the emax substructure just pushing it outside of the parameters of working on top of zirconia, maybe too low fusing.
I doubt it though. I just don't think GC wants to shoot themselves in the foot with a line of porcelain that can push out another of their own products.
That would be like...........If I told my wife about my girlfriend......... Of course they are going to keep the "double dippin" as long as they possibly can.
Honestly haven't looked into the science involved with either. Tech could probably inform me. I'll ask and share what I find out.

v2thmaster

v2thmaster

Reaction score
Im using a GC LP as a liner fine it also gives you an opportunity to adjust a shade of the frame. NOTE: Make sure not to apply a thick layer.

Last edited:
JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
You guys are making me miss C+B looking good.

R

RJS8669

Reaction score
Really would like to try out the new LiSi. Getting tires of emax ceram and loving the results/feedback from other GC users. I use GC MC and Love it but went the e.ceram route a couple of years back on the ceramics side so that I don't have to have multiple porcelain kits.
Heard some labs were layering LiSi over zirconia with great results others not.
Anyone want to fess up and share results? Want the kit, don't want 3 systems however.

Thank you guys!
Anyone know if this stuff works on Obsidian? The working instructions on Obisidian states to use GC Initial LF, but I think those were written before LiSi came to market...

Oh, BTW - I haven't use a liner bake on Zi for the last 4 years with zero problems...

Bentchase

Bentchase

Reaction score
Anyone know if this stuff works on Obsidian? The working instructions on Obisidian states to use GC Initial LF, but I think those were written before LiSi came to market...

Oh, BTW - I haven't use a liner bake on Zi for the last 4 years with zero problems...

Curious! Thank you for the info! Need to do some finding out....

K

Klaudijus Raila | LAB955

Reaction score

what do you mean FD powders? thanks

larsondental

larsondental

Reaction score
If the CTE matches (or mismatches as the case may be) It will work