Gap between Tibase and crown??

M

Michael21

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,
I milled 2 katana implant crowns , designed on 3shape. Both crowns have small gap between the crown and Tibase. This is first time it happened. Looking for some insights on what might have gone wrong??thanks !!

Contraluz

Contraluz

Donator
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,
I milled 2 katana implant crowns , designed on 3shape. Both crowns have small gap between the crown and Tibase. This is first time it happened. Looking for some insights on what might have gone wrong??thanks !!
Anything you do different, like never before used Ti-bases? Regardless, with a little adjustment to either the Ti-base, or to the internals of the crowns, I bet you will be fine.

Simon_Vincismile

Simon_Vincismile

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,
The shrinkage rate?

KentPWalton

KentPWalton

Reaction score
Contact your CAM support. Let them know the exact issue that is going on. It could be a milling strategy, incorrect tool size, etc. Also contact the Ti base manufacturer and ask them what are the preferred sized tools they designed the inner surface of the ti bases with so you can let your CAM provider know. This will ensure that you're milling the file closer to the intended size.

M

Michael21

Reaction score
Thanks for the inputs. Will look 👀 into all these and hopefully this would resolve the problem. Thanks again to everyone 😊!!

2oothguy

2oothguy

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,
Calibrate the mill? New Burs or old? That would be my guess.