Full mouth case on Ti bars

Drizzt

Drizzt

Reaction score
Hey everyone, just wanted to share a case I did recently. Ti bars on 6 implants on each jaw. Tribos 501 teeth, characterized with Optiglaze, Merz acrylic and Anaxgum composite to finish gingiva. Out of my comfort zone as no brushes and ceramics were involved !! Hope you like it !

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
just pure acrylic here or is there a second frame over the bars, under the teeth ?

eyeloveteeth

eyeloveteeth

Reaction score
i would worry about it breaking or shattering without a substructure. Is this fixed or still removable then?

Drizzt

Drizzt

Reaction score
i would worry about it breaking or shattering without a substructure. Is this fixed or still removable then?

This is a fixed prosthesis. Why break it ? What would the substructure offer in terms of breakage ?

Wade Bognuda

Wade Bognuda

Reaction score
Interesting arc of closure on this one.
Really really nice work!!

eyeloveteeth

eyeloveteeth

Reaction score
This is a fixed prosthesis. Why break it ? What would the substructure offer in terms of breakage ?
don't get me wrong, it's BEAUTIFUL

but if it were removable, without a substructure i would worry about the patient setting it down and chipping or breaking it easily.

but since it's fixed, i guess that's not really an issue.

how did you feel about it vs conventional ceramic? Was it a full build up or did you veneer denture teeth?

lcmlabforum

lcmlabforum

Reaction score
Beautiful work. Personally, I would worry about some mechanical or micromechanical bonding between
the smooth metal framework and the resin.
LCM

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
Nice case!, my doc would beat me up about the mismatched midlines, but I prefer it not to be a straight line..

Drizzt

Drizzt

Reaction score
Beautiful work. Personally, I would worry about some mechanical or micromechanical bonding between
the smooth metal framework and the resin.
LCM

Thanks !

Frame was treated before acrylic, sandblast , opaqued and then acrylic... Have done this a few times as it is not my cup of tea, I am more of a ceramics guy, and has worked nice.

Drizzt

Drizzt

Reaction score
don't get me wrong, it's BEAUTIFUL

but if it were removable, without a substructure i would worry about the patient setting it down and chipping or breaking it easily.

but since it's fixed, i guess that's not really an issue.

how did you feel about it vs conventional ceramic? Was it a full build up or did you veneer denture teeth?

Thanks, yeah if it was a removable, it would definitely had an overstructure. Inital plan from my side was different. I was supposed to mill a full arch of a new material from a company, hybrid PMMA with ceramic that would fit over the bar and got cemented , but they couldn't deliver it on time, so I had to change my plan.

I like ceramics better becuase I am better at that, but I have to admit that with all these high end teeth, these cases can look really nice !

Drizzt

Drizzt

Reaction score
Nice case!, my doc would beat me up about the mismatched midlines, but I prefer it not to be a straight line..

Midlines are overatted ! lol

I think I have a slight angle on the facial picture that makes it look worse than it is in real life. Number 21 seems to be looking straight to the camera, while 11looks a bit tilted

M

mptz

Reaction score
are the substructures recoverable by the patient other wise how he clean all that work with a tooth brush at 70 but all the same pure artistry

Drizzt

Drizzt

Reaction score
are the substructures recoverable by the patient other wise how he clean all that work with a tooth brush at 70 but all the same pure artistry

Thank you.

Patient is in his mid 50s with a new wife so removables was not an option. He has access for cleaning everywhere with brushes and super floss, so if he is not lazy, then I am not worried about it.

M

mptz

Reaction score
thats great to hear too many of the things made are just **** collectors and people forget that living longer reduces mobility

kcdt

kcdt

Reaction score
If it were a removable...
The shape of the bar is what is fooling the eye; most hybrid frames aren't milled with smooth vertical walls. At first glance it looks like it could be a overdenture primary.

Drizzt

Drizzt

Reaction score
If it were a removable...
The shape of the bar is what is fooling the eye; most hybrid frames aren't milled with smooth vertical walls. At first glance it looks like it could be a overdenture primary.

Yeah I get it . Initially the case was supposed to be done differently, then the plan changed so I had to improvise !!

kcdt

kcdt

Reaction score
Yeah I get it . Initially the case was supposed to be done differently, then the plan changed so I had to improvise !!
Well I think the work looks pretty darn nice for someone who claims it's not a strong suit.