Full Contour Zirconia, first thread...!

Kreation

Kreation

Reaction score
Hi all

This is my first thread, I'm just putting up some real basic work just to get a feel for the site. All going well I will put up more complex work for all to discuss.

So we "the lab" have been looking to stream line the work flow using different materials and new technology. We are now looking to push the majority of our workflow using HT Zirconia, these crowns are designed using 3Shape and milled on a M5 in Prettau.

The crowns are designed inlab and out sourced to a ZirkonZhan lab, the crowns are coloured and sintered in lab, and finished in the lab also.. A3 G, A2 B. Untitled.jpg IMG_9708.JPG

We still need to dial the material in, but we are fairly happy with the results so far. We have been using Prettau for about 6 weeks now, and most important is the feedback from our clients has been 100%....

Has any one got any FCZ they want to put up...??

Cheers

Kreation

Kreation

Reaction score

Thanks for the reply, as I mentioned in my original post........

This is my first thread, I'm just putting up some real basic work just to get a feel for the site. All going well I will put up more complex work for all to discuss.

This thread is just a little exercise for when I put some cool stuff up....

I've seen your thread before, there is some pretty good work on it, who knows maybe one day......... I need to adjust the size of the files in order to put more images up....Or maybe I need to increase my volume of messages and threads in order to put more images on......??

ParkwayDental

ParkwayDental

Reaction score
Why get a feel for the site before you show complex work? Don't hold out show us what you can do!

I'm kind of confused on what your trying to accomplish?

Kreation

Kreation

Reaction score
Why get a feel for the site before you show complex work? Don't hold out show us what you can do!

I'm kind of confused on what your trying to accomplish?

Try not to get too confused, it's not that difficult really....I suppose what you can take out of it and accomplish is that FCZ doesn't need to look poor as shown in the link above...

But thank you never the less...

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
indeed your margins look thick, but i am also curious about how far out of the bite you have gone. it looks like about .6 or so. it has been my experience that the preps in the posterior tend to be underprepped occlusally and i run out of room on a lot of cases. i find myself a little jealous you got so much room and still managed to take it a long way out of the bite.

also, why add the caribelli? do you do it habitually?

Kreation

Kreation

Reaction score
Agreed the margins do look a little thick, iTero models die's always tend to make this area look thick! The margins are around .4, next time we will try to be a It braver.....caribelli, creative licence and not habit.

One of the discussions we had with our clients in order to switch from e.max to FCZ was that it would be patient friendly, the occlusion is shim stock clear "just", see wear facets on the 7 and what remains of the 5.

As mentioned b4, 6 weeks of working with FCZ, still a lot to learn, but we are getting there, once we have our 450i up and running, and working with the material day in and day out, we will be able to find out how thin we can safely take the margins and how far we can push the material.

We are looking at NExxZR T from Sagemax when we are up and running, any one have any suggestions....?

Thanks for the feedback..

Bumfrey

Bumfrey

Reaction score
I still don't get why you are starting a new thread. Just add your work and thoughts to John's thread, so its all in one place.
You can thin the margins easily pre or post sinter. I wouldn't dare send them out like that.
Shading transition looks great.
Looks high in bite, as if you have ignored it to make nice looking crowns? Fine ifs its true just saying.

Kreation

Kreation

Reaction score
I still don't get why you are starting a new thread. Just add your work and thoughts to John's thread, so its all in one place.
You can thin the margins easily pre or post sinter. I wouldn't dare send them out like that.
Shading transition looks great.
Looks high in bite, as if you have ignored it to make nice looking crowns? Fine ifs its true just saying.

Really Bumfrey, put your work up and let's see. I didn't know everyone had to be sheep and follow John. I really don't need advice about how to thin margins, I do how ever listen and enjoy people's comments lol.... Thanks for the constructive and mature comments..

You must also be a genius, because you can ascertain occlusion with out actually seeing the opposing jaw.....amazing!

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
that thread isnt for John's work only. its for everyone. a way to put it all together, get tips and grow.

bumfrey has put up work before, all over the place. as have we all (except me, who has only put up my 3shape design stuff)

NicelyMKV

NicelyMKV

Reaction score
Kreation, I had mild issues with Prattaeu losing some color during post sintered stain and glaze cycles. So far I really like Wieland Zenostar. The different value pucks really help with the high value nature of Zr. Your work looks good.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

NicelyMKV

NicelyMKV

Reaction score
I used to use more white or ivory along the outside occlusal table. I would break through the table at the cusp tips and bring a slightly broken line down the peak of the triangular ridges. Kind of fanned out as I went down towards the fossa areas. It looked pretty good in my hand. When I saw the first one seated I almost fainted. The value shift in the mouth is unbelievable. I started using more pre stain dentin color up towards the incisal 3rd than before. Not so much incisal pre stain. See if you can get a chance to view a seating.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Really Bumfrey, put your work up and let's see. I didn't know everyone had to be sheep and follow John. I really don't need advice about how to thin margins, I do how ever listen and enjoy people's comments lol.... Thanks for the constructive and mature comments..

You must also be a genius, because you can ascertain occlusion with out actually seeing the opposing jaw.....amazing!

On behalf of my fellow sheep , I have to say that your thick margins are baaaaaaaad!

Your ego may not appreciate advice but if you want to start your own " look at me" thread then be prepared for reality!

You may not realize this but disturbed has copied your pics and is using them as promotional material for his pfm's.

Kreation

Kreation

Reaction score
On behalf of my fellow sheep , I have to say that your thick margins are baaaaaaaad!

Your ego may not appreciate advice but if you want to start your own " look at me" thread then be prepared for reality!

You may not realize this but disturbed has copied your pics and is using them as promotional material for his pfm's.

I'm sorry you have had to throw your dummy out of your pram, I didn't mean to up set you so much ......lolol

dental technology is always about advice and education, hence the reason for this excellent site, its just a shame that some people take them selves more serious than others....In my recent post I agreed with the margins and will be looking at improving them.........technically I shouldn't think it will be to much of a problem!

If disturbed would like more of our work to advertise his PFM, he need but get in touch.....!

your "baaaaaad" joke how ever is hilarious....PMSL..and if you wish to look at me, simply copy and paste my avatar and put it as your screen saver..

R

RJS8669

Reaction score
Just curious - is that first image you posted your final design?

Kreation

Kreation

Reaction score
I used to use more white or ivory along the outside occlusal table. I would break through the table at the cusp tips and bring a slightly broken line down the peak of the triangular ridges. Kind of fanned out as I went down towards the fossa areas. It looked pretty good in my hand. When I saw the first one seated I almost fainted. The value shift in the mouth is unbelievable. I started using more pre stain dentin color up towards the incisal 3rd than before. Not so much incisal pre stain. See if you can get a chance to view a seating.

I'm afraid we only have experience with Prettau, I have heard nothing but positive things regarding the Zenostar our Ivoclar rep is all over us, we are going to give NexxZR T a go and see what the differences are between the two.

I can't agree with you more, the first time we saw the Prettau in the mouth was disheartening to say the least, and like you, we increased the Chroma in the incisal 1/3 and found a major improvement.

Trail and error

Happy Easter all...

Kreation

Kreation

Reaction score
Just curious - is that first image you posted your final design?

Yeah, what we are finding is, design with 3Shape and sent to a ZirkonZhan lab to be milled in an M5, with us sintering the crowns, we found the crowns needed to be heavily adjusted. This meant the value would increase and the crowns would have that oyster look to them, once you ground throw the colour.

So we set the occlusion by -30 which looks huge on the screen as with the screen shot, but by the time it was sintered and glazed the space soon disappeared.

Once we start to mill our own, I imagine these parameters will change, and we will have to dial it in all over again..

Bumfrey

Bumfrey

Reaction score

I have put work up a few times. I consider myself a competent tech that gets inspired on this site to do better.
I don't 'follow' John it just makes sense to post on that thread instead of creating a web of threads under the same title.
Of course you may know how to thin margins, but you have not on that job, thus my comment.
I am no genius my friend. I thought it looked obvious that the buccal cusps look out of line with the premolar in that image. The buccal corridor would look wrong to me giving the suspicion you 'may' have increased the crown VD to look better for a photo. If that's the case i would have done the same thing or used a different job.
You seem to be fishing for compliments so i think you shade transition is FABULOUS, but from your avatar, like me you need more sleep.
Happy chocolate egg day.