Frustrated on Design

user name

user name

Reaction score
I have an implant case. Pt is missing #9, but has a huge space. Implant was placed in the middle; Dr wants a two unit, central and small lateral. I attempted to design as a coping on the abutment with a central pontic and a lateral pontic. Everything went ok through the design phase, but when I click to finalize and exit exocad, it only saves the coping and the lateral.

What am I doing wrong?

Jack_the_dentureman

Jack_the_dentureman

Reaction score
I think. Think. I will done this that way:
Design as coping and pointic. Go To expert mode to turn coping into pointic by special option. Then after modeling use virtual waxup design and then proces to finalize

user name

user name

Reaction score
I got some advice off line from 2th as well. It went over my head, but I kept picking at it and it finally decided to work. I was so close to calling it quits.

user name

user name

Reaction score
Its not pretty, but Ill mill it in wax and see if I need to make some tweeks. At least Ill have something I can do some layering on.

Poor Dr that sends me his implant work thinks Im good. If he only knew. Stupido2

user name

user name

Reaction score

Im the big one in the middle.

sndmn2

sndmn2

Reaction score
Check with Sevan. He showed a work around for this at Chi....When I get time I will watch and try to find it..

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
Check with Sevan. He showed a work around for this at Chi....When I get time I will watch and try to find it..

3Shape not exo lol! But yes mine was for a single crown over two abutment this is the opposite. Plus i dont anything about Exo..........yet.

zero_zero

zero_zero

Reaction score
Worst comes to worst, you can always do a quick waxup then copymill

user name

user name

Reaction score
Worst comes to worst, you can always do a quick waxup then copymill
I thought about that, but Ive never done one and dont recall seeing any tabs with that label. Ill have to look around more.

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
I thought about that, but Ive never done one and dont recall seeing any tabs with that label. Ill have to look around more.
That's what I was explaining to you via text yesterday.

technician

technician

Reaction score
As PCdental says with a link, you have to do it as virtual waxup design.

user name

user name

Reaction score
Thats helpful, but with persistence I figured out that you dont need to do it that way. Thats whats so great about exo. many ways to get it done.

@PCdental Much appreciate the tip. Even though I got it done, Im going to go back and give it another shot to see how the proper workflow goes. I think this is what @2thm8kr was trying to get at yesterday with me, but I wasnt absorbing new info.

It was a b!tch learning while trying to keep the money flowing. I frustrate easily.

Last edited:
Top Bottom