From Asiga Max to a larger printer

T

tomazy

Reaction score
Hello,

I'm using an Asiga Max for since 2018, and I'm really pleased with the result, printing 30 to 40 models per day, this printer is awesome.
But with the 3D printing growing everyday, I need now a printer with a larger plate.

So I was wondering, has anyone tried the Asiga Pro4K80 ?

Thank you!

Thomas

Bryce @ WhipMix

Bryce @ WhipMix

Reaction score
Hello,

I'm using an Asiga Max for since 2018, and I'm really pleased with the result, printing 30 to 40 models per day, this printer is awesome.
But with the 3D printing growing everyday, I need now a printer with a larger plate.

So I was wondering, has anyone tried the Asiga Pro4K80 ?

Thank you!

Thomas
Hey Thomas!!
The Pro4K is shipping out for customers mid-March. Just around the corner! If you love your Max, you're going to REALLY love the Pro4K. It's the same exact technology in a larger package (and with a higher resolution projector to accommodate the large build plate). The throughput on this machine is phenomenal. The build plate is almost 4 times as large as the Max. We are so excited, here at Whip Mix, for the release of this product. It's going to allow so many labs to enter the large-scale production game without spending a fortune. If you're going to be in Chicago, come see me. I'd love to chat!

T

tomazy

Reaction score
unfortunately I live in France!
But I can say is that I've heard about the awesomeness of WhipMix and his customer service ;)

Bryce @ WhipMix

Bryce @ WhipMix

Reaction score
I appreciate that! Regardless, feel free to reach out if you have any questions. I'm more than happy to help in any way that I can, regardless of whether you purchase our products or not. :)

G

grantoz

Reaction score
what about buying more max's as that way if you have a break down or different materials you can keep going.

Bryce @ WhipMix

Bryce @ WhipMix

Reaction score
what about buying more max's as that way if you have a break down or different materials you can keep going.
I like this tactic as well, but a lot of it comes down to a lab's need. If they need to print a TON of one resin, it makes more sense to go with a Pro4K. If they need to print low to moderate amounts of several resins, two or three MAXs makes more sense probably.

T

tomazy

Reaction score

I'm using the same resin 95% of time, and with the Pro4K, that will be my second printer, so i'll be able to use 2 resins :)

As @Bryce @ WhipMix said, when it come to print tons of models, a Pro4K seems to be the way to go, even for only one reason, it's for me way easier to do the post precessing one time with the Pro4K, instead of 4 times with 4 Max (and load again 4 jobs on 4 printers).

M

mmbh

Reaction score
I've been waiting for that Pro4k. Formlabs has called me regarding their new form3b and its upgrades which seem pretty nice. Anyone have experience with this new form3b. I know its slow compared to the asiga.

T

tomazy

Reaction score
It is slow indeed, and from my experience with 2 Form2, if you want a professionnal printer, stay away from Formlabs, for real.
My 2 Form2 died after 1 year printing one plate per day. Formlabs printers are anything but a proffessional tool. It's a delux toy, maybe, at best.