from 3shape to exocad

Vazone

Vazone

Reaction score
Hi,
i read somwhere here but cant find this topic. about possibility to design in exocad from 3 shape scans. there was some file names that must be for importing, please help me to find it. or maybe somebody have tip-tricks solutions?

Vazone

Vazone

Reaction score
If I try to scan abutment with Stl output it show that file must be saved in dcm for correct position and exit :(

zero_zero

zero_zero

Reaction score
DCM's are 3shape's proprietary format, it can store all variety of data... unfortunately when converted into legacy STL (being the norm for open platforms) will lose some info. To avoid that, 3shape usually generates some additional files (mostly XML) for implant restoration exports. Maybe it doesn't do it for models, so 3rd party apps cannot use their scandata...:confused:

Vazone

Vazone

Reaction score
That's bad :( so how guys from Dln work on 3shape with exocad? Only crowns and copings?

zero_zero

zero_zero

Reaction score
I don't have Exo, cannot comment. On the other hand, used 3shape to design a few cases for another lab who has an Exo scanner... some smile designs, no implants though...

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
it does work if you save your scans as .stl , import and set orientation. dont know about the implant data though..

garbident

garbident

Reaction score
Hello
There is an option which he knows very few users because it must be enabled on the Dongle even being free... and is the option to export "output display".
This active once finish design and export the design and models used in stl... can generate a design and fast without entertain export display salutes and from that folder take in stl models that were exported with the same coordinate axis also.
A greeting.

Top Bottom