Fracture repair: Putty or stone?

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
When doing 2+ piece fracture repair I normaly use putty.
Seen times where the putty was not thick enough to maintan shape, but that's easily cured (badoom ting).

I like putty as I can work a putty case while letting stone dry for the other stuff that came in that day-add teeth/clasps etc.

anyone have research on either method?

Why do you prefer models or putty for fracture/crack repair?

Doris A

Doris A

Donator
Solutions
Reaction score
We normally use a putty of 90 shore hardness unless it's a case that has attachments that we need to put analogs in, then we use stone. when using stone, if the case has undercuts, we put putty in those and then fill with stone.

J

jeppe

Reaction score
If I get a lower denture in two pieces (for example),I usually do a stone (Zhermack Arti Fast) model and then a quick putty index on buccal side the same time Arti Fast hardens. And it hardens fast! :) After that it's fast to just grind space for repair acrylic and pour it with index on the buccal side. Fast process and no waiting times except for the pressure pot. Takes max 30 minutes (half of the time the denture is in the pressure pot).

K

kytoothdude

Reaction score
I use stone if no undercuts, otherwise putty. Stone is much less expensive.

JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
I use stone almost exclusively. I don't feel like I could be firm enough to get the putty how I wanted it to be and not break/warp

Doris A

Doris A

Donator
Solutions
Reaction score
If I get a lower denture in two pieces (for example),I usually do a stone (Zhermack Arti Fast) model and then a quick putty index on buccal side the same time Arti Fast hardens. And it hardens fast! :) After that it's fast to just grind space for repair acrylic and pour it with index on the buccal side. Fast process and no waiting times except for the pressure pot. Takes max 30 minutes (half of the time the denture is in the pressure pot).
I hope you’re having a Birthday today!

Top Bottom