Foundation layer.

Adi

Adi

Reaction score
Hi
There was a discussion about the importance of applying the foundation layer on both zirconia and lithium disilicate copings before building up ceramic.. I thought I want to know what the guys on dln would say about it's importance and the way to apply it.

And would a glaze firing be enough instead of both zirliner and foundation firing?

Last edited:
rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Hi
There was a discussion about the importance of applying the foundation layer on both zirconia and lithium disilicate copings before building up ceramic.. I thought I want to know what the guys on dln would say about it's importance and the way to apply it.

And would a glaze firing be enough instead of both zirliner and foundation firing?
I have successfully used GC Luster paste,Miyo, and also the fluro glaze from Ivoclar . My zirliner collects dust.

Adi

Adi

Reaction score
I have successfully used GC Luster paste,Miyo, and also the fluro glaze from Ivoclar . My zirliner collects dust.
Ok but do you do a foundation firing after the glaze and before layering?

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Ok but do you do a foundation firing after the glaze and before layering?
nope, I just fire the glaze( Miyo now ) and then add the required porcelain and bake.
The glaze/Miyo is like internal staining and liner all in one. What I like the most about MIYO is that it will not over glaze after multiple firings.

Tayebdental

Tayebdental

Tayeb S. CDT
Donator
Reaction score
nope, I just fire the glaze( Miyo now ) and then add the required porcelain and bake.
The glaze/Miyo is like internal staining and liner all in one. What I like the most about MIYO is that it will not over glaze after multiple firings.
Rob, what do you like most about MiYO?, I watch the videos, I use GC LiSi NS paste stains with insync glaze with amazing texture and results as well on Zirconia. I am thinking to get one. So what do you see in it that improved you Zir,and ceramics?

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Rob, what do you like most about MiYO?, I watch the videos, I use GC LiSi NS paste stains with insync glaze with amazing texture and results as well on Zirconia. I am thinking to get one. So what do you see in it that improved you Zir,and ceramics?
The extra shades and effects allow me to better match to the 3D shade guide.
I've used GC lustre paste for years with good results but MIYO has some excellent translucent modifiers that make my life much easier.
Also I have to say that the add on ( called structure) has saved by butt many times. Adding contacts, repairing margins and pinholes, or correcting my crappy occlusal designs are very simple . It has completely transformed the way I finish my crowns.
Lastly, It still doesn't prevent me from using the other low fusing glazes and paste with it if I find I need that special effect.

K

K M

Reaction score
I've been using InSync for a couple of years and like it, mostly on full contour zirconia (HT+). However with all the Implant crowns and bridges- I like the idea of using something with a little more volume or mass to facilitate better final contours in design flaws (rather than spending time in design software). Sounds like MiYo may be the answer, can you suggest a few of the shades to order that you are using a lot? Also what temps does MiYo fire at, are they low enough to be used pressed LiSi?

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
I've been using InSync for a couple of years and like it, mostly on full contour zirconia (HT+). However with all the Implant crowns and bridges- I like the idea of using something with a little more volume or mass to facilitate better final contours in design flaws (rather than spending time in design software). Sounds like MiYo may be the answer, can you suggest a few of the shades to order that you are using a lot? Also what temps does MiYo fire at, are they low enough to be used pressed LiSi?
It's low enough, similar to emax glaze but longer cycle.
Don't **** around and buy the whole kit.Then buy the pink kit later. I use HT+ too.

K

K M

Reaction score
OK - Thx - Just trying to avoid the big box price- just to use the essentials - as I'm sure you all have- Boxes and Boxes of things lining the walls not being used :(

Mrs.galfriday

Mrs.galfriday

Reaction score
The extra shades and effects allow me to better match to the 3D shade guide.
I've used GC lustre paste for years with good results but MIYO has some excellent translucent modifiers that make my life much easier.
Also I have to say that the add on ( called structure) has saved by butt many times. Adding contacts, repairing margins and pinholes, or correcting my crappy occlusal designs are very simple . It has completely transformed the way I finish my crowns.
Lastly, It still doesn't prevent me from using the other low fusing glazes and paste with it if I find I need that special effect.
Have you tried it with porcelains other than Ivoclars Ceram and GC? I know I should be ashamed to still be using Ceramco3. Considering economics (CA) I still won't change from this familiar/sturdy porcelain.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Have you tried it with porcelains other than Ivoclars Ceram and GC? I know I should be ashamed to still be using Ceramco3. Considering economics (CA) I still won't change from this familiar/sturdy porcelain.
As long as your cte is compatable to zirconia then why not? I was using noritake czr prior to emax ceram.
I tried to use zirliner but found that gc lustre paste was far superior as a liner. So the evolution to Miyo made sense.
Now I'm full contour and regard any addition as a step backwards but sometimes necessary. crazy huh?

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
How many unopened jars do you have (porc, glaze, whatnot) ? There's quite a few you'll never use... :banghead:
They will be collectors items when Elon heads to mars.

K

K M

Reaction score
EVERYTHING FROM DUCERAGOLD PORCELAIN TO VITA RESPONSE TO ALLCERAM (PROCERA) TO VM9 TO CERAMCO 3 TO CZR TO SHOFU HALO I GOT IT ALL- I REALLY COVER THE CTE ARENA- DID I MENTION I STARTED WITH DENTSPLY BIOBOND? I'M NOT DRIVING A 63 CHEVY BELAIRE ANYMORE EITHER- I GUESS I REALLY DO NEED ANOTHER KIT!!! BUT I GOT TO SAY ITS REALLY EVOLVED FOR THE BETTER.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
EVERYTHING FROM DUCERAGOLD PORCELAIN TO VITA RESPONSE TO ALLCERAM (PROCERA) TO VM9 TO CERAMCO 3 TO CZR TO SHOFU HALO I GOT IT ALL- I REALLY COVER THE CTE ARENA- DID I MENTION I STARTED WITH DENTSPLY BIOBOND? I'M NOT DRIVING A 63 CHEVY BELAIRE ANYMORE EITHER- I GUESS I REALLY DO NEED ANOTHER KIT!!! BUT I GOT TO SAY ITS REALLY EVOLVED FOR THE BETTER.
What you do is get out all your kits and blow the dust off them.
Arrange all the bottles in a semi circle around your desk layering them from front to back sort to tall.
A cape is optional but helps create the artistic godlike effect you're trying to achieve here.
Now have a fellow employee take a pic of your " environment" and post it on FB.
You are now a ceramic god! Adore

1568227673582.png

K

K M

Reaction score
NAH if I was a ceramic god I would have created MiYo, Ah there's an idea - maybe if I stir them all up I'd have something close. A CTE for everything.
Enough - sorry to get us off topic.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
I like that idea better than Dicor or lava Ultimate.

Top Bottom