Formlabs 3D Printed Digital Dentures

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
i think we are a few years off from no models......but one day i believe you are right. the vast majority of models will be on computer screens
I'm not implying "no models " as much as printed model pertaining to dentures

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
All my current drs are using an IOS .

Wainwright

Wainwright

Reaction score
Formlabs has announced and begun production on additional Denture Teeth and Base shades, they are available for preorder now and shipping in the next few weeks.

The new shades being added are Denture Base OP (original pink),Denture Teeth A1, A3.5, and B1 (Vita classic, of course). These shades in addition to our initially launched shades, Denture Base LP (light pink) and Denture Teeth A2, will bring the total up to six.

Below you see a shade tab system I came up with to show the different colors and combinations. Pretty nerdy, super proud of it. My friends and family do not understand. haha.

Last edited:
Wainwright

Wainwright

Reaction score
I made a quick video the other day on the three techniques we use to make 3D dentures look more natural. Its about 10 mins and I'd love to know what everyone thinks or if its helpful. Thanks!

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Great info Sam.
Can I customize the monochromatic teeth with LC composite ie; Gradia or 3M Sinfony?
What about repairs and relines?

Wainwright

Wainwright

Reaction score
i think repairs and relines are temporary at best.
Correct, repair is only a temporary solution to reprinting a new denture.

Great info Sam.
Can I customize the monochromatic teeth with LC composite ie; Gradia or 3M Sinfony?
What about repairs and relines?
Technically layering composites is not indicated by the manufacturer currently. I hope testing and validating these techniques will be done by the manufacturer in the next 6 to 12 months, you can really make some stunning stuff.

Surface stain and glaze is okay in the eyes of the manufacturer. So you can get a bit more of a life like appearance using these methods. We have two techs on staff, one in Boston and another in Berlin, that are really making some great looking stuff. I'd like to make a "bench side" video explaining the process and best practices in the near future.

Thank you both for watching :)

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
If you are using LC resin to lute the teeth to the base then why not do the same for a repair? Wouldn't the result be the same?

Last edited:
Jason D

Jason D

Reaction score
Formlabs has announced and begun production on additional Denture Teeth and Base shades, they are available for preorder now and shipping in the next few weeks.

The new shades being added are Denture Base OP (original pink),Denture Teeth A1, A3.5, and B1 (Vita classic, of course). These shades in addition to our initially launched shades, Denture Base LP (light pink) and Denture Teeth A2, will bring the total up to six.

Below you see a shade tab system I came up with to show the different colors and combinations. Pretty nerdy, super proud of it. My friends and family do not understand. haha.

View attachment 32220
View attachment 32221
Doh!
Stl availability for formlabs customers?
;)

Wainwright

Wainwright

Reaction score
If you are using LC resin to lute the teeth to the base then why not do the same for a repair? Won't the result be the same?

Ah, yes and no. When you use the base resin to lute the teeth and base together its on the part before its cured fully, so when it finally cures the two resins cures together completely. Think of it like the denture comes out of the printer being maybe (don't quote me on this) 50% cured, its super soft and easy to cut. I don't have any numbers to back me up on this logic but I would guess repairing fully cured parts would greatly reduce its strength in that area.

Last edited:
Top Bottom