Formlabs 3D Printed Digital Dentures

Bryce Hiller

Bryce Hiller

Reaction score
That would fail QC here.
I'm an implant/C&B digital tech. This is literally the second denture I've ever made and I think it looks pretty good considering my experience. But thanks for the constructive criticism. :rolleyes: Comments like these are why I don't get on here much anymore. I'm happy that you think you're so superior that you want to trash someone who is trying to learn a new skill. I'm going to go join CRob is his isolation from this negative place. Peace.

Wainwright

Wainwright

Reaction score
Thanks for sharing @Bryce Hiller

@kcdt is a little grumpy, it's okay we all have bad days. I mean, he poked fun at a memory I shared...

@sensei thank you for your question. Its been a bit chaotic with Chicago and now IDS next week but I'll dig into ExoCAD and share with you what I find. I'd also like to try and learn Blueskybios denture software.

Thanks, everyone! I'll be offline for a week or so. If anyone is at IDS please stop by and say hi ---- Hall 3.1 | Stand L070 M071

I'll be a long way from home!

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Travis needs to set up a safe space for triggered techs.

kcdt

kcdt

Reaction score
I'm an implant/C&B digital tech. This is literally the second denture I've ever made and I think it looks pretty good considering my experience. But thanks for the constructive criticism. :rolleyes: Comments like these are why I don't get on here much anymore. I'm happy that you think you're so superior that you want to trash someone who is trying to learn a new skill. I'm going to go join CRob is his isolation from this negative place. Peace.
Someone who cared to improve would investigate what to focus on.
So why should I care you got butt hurt if your reaction is to stick your fingers in your ears and shout " I can't hear you"?
Good luck with that.
PS I'm not better than anyone. We all take our licks every day.

Bryce Hiller

Bryce Hiller

Reaction score
I'm
Someone who cared to improve would investigate what to focus on.
So why should I care you got butt hurt if your reaction is to stick your fingers in your ears and shout " I can't hear you"?
Good luck with that.
PS I'm not better than anyone. We all take our licks every day.
I'm confused where in this conversation I alluded to not wanting to improve? My reaction to your comment was due to the fact that it was 100% criticism and 0% construction. Doesn't pay to be a jerk for the sake of being a jerk.

S

sirmorty

Reaction score
Not that it matters. But I think a lot of people here underestimate the need for a lower price denture option.
Your seeing the exact same thing that happened years ago with crowns.
And 3d Printing will be the way. It's still in it's infancy and will only get better in time as materials improve.

It's not a big deal it doesn't pass your QC criteria. It's up to the Dentist and his patient to make that decision.

kcdt

kcdt

Reaction score
I'm

I'm confused where in this conversation I alluded to not wanting to improve? My reaction to your comment was due to the fact that it was 100% criticism and 0% construction. Doesn't pay to be a jerk for the sake of being a jerk.
If I posted a pic of a crown with wide open margins and expected it to garner praise, I'd be in for a rude awakening as well.
Take it how you want.

kcdt

kcdt

Reaction score
Not that it matters. But I think a lot of people here underestimate the need for a lower price denture option.
Your seeing the exact same thing that happened years ago with crowns.
And 3d Printing will be the way. It's still in it's infancy and will only get better in time as materials improve.

It's not a big deal it doesn't pass your QC criteria. It's up to the Dentist and his patient to make that decision.
So it's not a big deal to foist a potential Petrie dish on a patient because Dr says it's ok?
Wow.

S

sirmorty

Reaction score
So are all 3d printed dentures just petri dishes to you?
Please enlighten me

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Reaction score
while this topic is most stimulating i feel the need to step in and remind everyone to keep it civil and calm. this is afterall, a sponsor forum. a safe space.

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
I'm

Stop making it so personal....geesh. He was right, that wouldn't pass any QC in any lab...oh wait, their is that one lab. But hey, I applaud you for your efforts...and I think all of us are doing what your doing with digital. It's a learning experience for sure, and unfortunately...the dentures are going to take awhile before anything comes close to passing QC. That's all he was saying, it wasn't to bash your work, or bash you personally. At least I didn't take it that way. Maybe I'm wrong, but that was my take. Now back to digital dentures. I personally like scanning, especially iOS using gothic arch traces...then building up a temp denture and print off baseplates, print models, and I can usually nail the setup from just a scan....plus it saves an appointment (baseplate/occlusal rim). That's where I'm at with them...as for printing or milling a final denture...still years out in my opinion, even an economy version.

Flippercentral

Flippercentral

Reaction score
I'm scared to say anything or be accused of sour grapes against digital dentures, so I'll just keep quiet.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Reaction score
don't be scared.

but also don't be mean.

kcdt

kcdt

Reaction score
don't be scared.

but also don't be mean.
While I'll admit to being mercilessly blunt in subsequent comments. My initial response was neutral, though critical.
Yes, after the obfuscations, I didn't give the rodents posterior.
Sorry if that triggered anybody.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
While I'll admit to being mercilessly blunt in subsequent comments. My initial response was neutral, though critical.
Yes, after the obfuscations, I didn't give the rodents posterior.
Sorry if that triggered anybody.
I'm waiting for you to post that crown with the open margins so I can rip you a new one! 🐀

Last edited:
rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
So what exactly is a digital denture?
Does every process have to be digitized to qualify?
What if your dr purchases an IOS. Do you think he still plans to take pvs and alginate impressions? Not likely.
He doesn't really care if you print or pack as long as he has improved his workflow and patient experience.

The days of pouring models are coming to an end.

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
i feel you @Bryce Hiller .... i posted my first denture a few years ago. its a different beast going from c/b to removable. i personally like c/b better but can say now that i can competently fabricate either. props to you for throwing your work out there, and dont run off. we like seeing you around.

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
So what exactly is a digital denture?
Does every process have to be digitized to qualify?
What if your dr purchases an IOS. Do you think he still plans to take pvs and alginate impressions? Not likely.
He doesn't really care if you print or pack as long as he has improved his workflow and patient experience.

The days of pouring models are coming to an end.
i think we are a few years off from no models......but one day i believe you are right. the vast majority of models will be on computer screens

Top Bottom