Form 2 resins

Nik@BMDL

Nik@BMDL

Reaction score
Hi all who is printing RPD frames in a form 2 and what is your preferred resin ?
Form labs clear
Form labs grey
Form labs Castable

Third party
Nextdent
Pro3dure
Dreve

Any other I have not mentioned?

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Watching with great interest.

G

GarryB

Reaction score
Formlabs gray

Just got some of the new matt grey but not used it yet. Ill report how it goes.

Also going to try the castable at some point.

eyeloveteeth

eyeloveteeth

Reaction score
Waiting for the 25micron White to come out. we use the 25 micron Gray, and High temp materials. and of course the SG2. Just remember that those resin trays have to be swapped out.

Nik@BMDL

Nik@BMDL

Reaction score
Waiting for the 25micron White to come out. we use the 25 micron Gray, and High temp materials. and of course the SG2. Just remember that those resin trays have to be swapped out.

Yes but which ones specifically used for RPD production not models or Sg plenty of info out there for these

dimensional stability during post process of such detailed and thin parts as well as residual ash is what I'm after with people's experiences

Thanks

Last edited:
Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
Just got our up and running today, following as well.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

LuthorCorp

LuthorCorp

Reaction score
I have tried the castable material, and it is just to flexible in the case of RPDs there is lift and its easily distorted. (In my experience) We use the SG material and it works great, the fit is nice and it casts well with no residue. We have done about 50 of them so far with only 1-2 miss casts and those were mainly because of sprues.

Nik@BMDL

Nik@BMDL

Reaction score
We sprue it directly with no coating, no issue. we tested with using SG sprues added to the design but found it easier to just make our own and sprue each one manually.
Would you please explain your investment material used (brand) and liquid ratio as well as burnout cycle ?

LuthorCorp

LuthorCorp

Reaction score
Would you please explain your investment material used (brand) and liquid ratio as well as burnout cycle ?

Now I pass it off to our metal department to do the investing and all that but I will get the info and relay that. I know we are using the Bego Investment Material specifically designed for CAD/CAM parts with the ratio that's recommended. Ill get the detailed burnout cycle ASAP and let you know.

Top Bottom