Flexible Material With Gaskets incorporated.

Ryanendres01

Ryanendres01

Reaction score
Wanted to see if anyone has successfully integrated soft material into flexible partial here. The doctor would like gaskets on 13 and 15 while minimizing clasp on 10. I do not see how we can do this. I though of maybe doing diatorics completely through or designing a substructure frame to anchor to. Though of maybe trying Astron labtec material in place of flexi material as that is very forgiving and flexes under warm water but not sure how it would act in comparison to a traditional flexible clasp. Only thing im sure of is that if we got them to do a cast partial instead then there would be no problem because we could achieve a chemical bond. IMG_1204.JPG IMG_1205.JPG IMG_1203.JPG IMG_1204.JPG IMG_1205.JPG

K

kytoothdude

Reaction score
Can't help but think pt would hate buccal thickness required for gaskets. Contra side is flexible with flex clasps?

Ryanendres01

Ryanendres01

Reaction score
Yea well let the doc know we would have to have the flexi made with full buccal flange, thick enough to be able to prep the intaglio surface all around the natural dentition to accommodate the gasket without losing gasket support

Doris A

Doris A

Donator
Solutions
Reaction score
How about making it in hard acrylic with a flexible clasp (shot with the hot shot elite) in the anterior and instead of full gaskets all of the way around do 3/4 gaskets mesial, lingual, and distal. the gasket material will adhere to hard acrylic, not so sure if it will adhere to flexible.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
How about making it in hard acrylic with a flexible clasp (shot with the hot shot elite) in the anterior and instead of full gaskets all of the way around do 3/4 gaskets mesial, lingual, and distal. the gasket material will adhere to hard acrylic, not so sure if it will adhere to flexible.
It will not chemically bond. Just kinda hang around.

Doris A

Doris A

Donator
Solutions
Reaction score
It will not chemically bond. Just kinda hang around.
What, the clasp or the gasket? The clasp will have a mechanical lock in the tooth beside it, and the 3/4 gasket will bond to the hard acrylic.

Ryanendres01

Ryanendres01

Reaction score
Thats an idea for sure. I have a Hot SHot Elite here with plenty shades of Acetal. Good idea I will pass that along. Thanks.