Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
Glad its workin out for ya

Dentaleng

Dentaleng

Reaction score
Great going Scott. Every thing seems perfect till now. Though i am not so happy with the overall length of the fixture. Too much cantilever. May cause vibration at the extreme of X+. Though it is difficult to say from the pictures, actually it may not be.
You may get better angle when the tool is at the top of the block. You should check when the tool goes at the bottom of the block, for collisions.

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
Who exactly are you? Where are you? Dental Tech? Programmer? Employee of machine manufacture? Owner of ??

This is small forum and we all know each other, at least a name and location. Otherwise, people will be very skeptical about your thoughts and comments, like me for example.

I thought for sure you posted you were in Italy, no?

After reading all my posts, you still think I need to be told to check not only the top, but the bottom position as well?

Dude. duh....

Last edited:
Dentaleng

Dentaleng

Reaction score
Ha Ha. I have not posted anywhere that I am from Italy. For now I am from the engineering industry (CAD/CAM) doing work in Dental CAD/CAM.
Kindly decode your earlier Italian reply into English.
About angles, I want you to think for the future. I am sharing my milling experience. Not specific to HAAS but overall. I don't use HAAS for Dental Milling. I have the Italian DT2 from Dyamach.

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
I have protractor, and a half-baked brain.

Been doing this a while now. I realize all angles are important, and have considered them all. (Did this is the past, and now IS the future)

Daymach seems very nice! I prefer slightly bigger machines, and probably will never buy another "Dental" mill ever again.
I will only buy Industrial equip, with good resale value to many industries. Don't want to get stuck with outdated, limited use things.

Thank you for your time on the fixture. I can tell today, finally, you know a thing or two (maybe even Three!). You are a good addition to this web forum and I hope to see some interesting things in the future from you.

Anytime you want to start sharing your milling experience in more detail, I'm all ears.
Show me something! Anything?

Cheers!

Last edited:
DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
I have TRIPLE redundant safty limits set for CNC mill.

1) Mechanical travel limits of all axis, as set in Haas CNC controler. (I enter custom values based on encoder counts from home or Zero position)
2) Mechanical travel limits set in the CAM for max/min positions of all axis in the G-code (Again, I work out values last week with Italian CAM Guru. This is metric positioning +/- value limits of axis based on the current "working offset" in my CNC machine, set to the exact Micron! Not the encoders, or Machine Zero. This is based on my custom defined G54 offset to be exact in my mill. G52 offset is actual machine center, or default offset.)
3) Defined my Fixture, Spindle, Tooling, etc in CAD for the CAM to use to detect collision and avoid automatically. (Professional CAM, not Micky-Mouse cutting)

Tada!! Now, it is Triple impossible to have collision! You have to work hard and change many parameter if you want to fok up my mill. Even then, it will still be hard.

Now you understand more about my project.

Of course I have measured angles. LOTS of them! LOL

As you stated, certian instances and positions have more degree of angle limits, and we considered all and everything. If I thought I needed to pull up from table my trunnion assembly to gain more angulation on bottom in trade-off from angle on the top..., or whatever.....then I would have done, or will do it if possible. Raising the trunnion is not an option for me because the tools hanging in umbrella holder may hit the rotarys during homing sequence. So, the trunnion may seem low, and the angles not balanced at first glance.

You have not seen the mill in action, or watched the homing "dance". This also was major reason why this have to be where they are.

I am balancing everything! It is trade off, and some things I cannot change and have to work around. Like the Homing positions. But, even then I found a way to change.

I understand the Industrial controler and most all important parameters.

Are you getting happy yet? :p Because I want you to be happy about my mill. LOL

Again, welcome to the forum Mr. Unknown. (Man without a face)

Scotty

Last edited:
DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
This past week, I gave CIMSystem employee Gianmarco a can of SpaghettiOs

and a "SpaghettiOs" T-shirt to take back to Italy. I wish I could be there to see the reaction of

Italians to the US made pasta. Maybe he will post about the experience. LOL

ai930.photobucket.com_albums_ad145_turbo2nr_spaghettio.jpg
ai930.photobucket.com_albums_ad145_turbo2nr_spaghettio.jpg

Top Bottom