Fitting analogs to printed model

RileyS

RileyS

Reaction score
I had argen print a model for me. implant direct legacy 3.0
the digital analog i ordered from implant direct can't fit. any tricks to get it to fit?it's about 2mm from fully seating

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
model t or c ?

RileyS

RileyS

Reaction score
looks like model c
is one only for analogs? if so, why the **** isn't it written in really loud warning letters that flash to alert you that what you are about to do is going to really screw up your already screwed work life (wink wink Axsys Dental Solutions BangheadBangheadBangheadMad)

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
is one only for analogs?
both, model t has a coating that can be scraped off so
does Argen have the dme file for that implant?

RileyS

RileyS

Reaction score
is one only for analogs?
both, model t has a coating that can be scraped off so
does Argen have the dme file for that implant?
I designed the model and uploaded it on their website

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
I designed the model and uploaded it on their website
sorry, you should have the dme file from Implant direct not argen.
anyway if you can get in touch with argen tech support, I'm sure they can help .1-800-255-5524 ext 342

RileyS

RileyS

Reaction score
sorry, you should have the dme file from Implant direct not argen.
anyway if you can get in touch with argen tech support, I'm sure they can help .1-800-255-5524 ext 342
I'm waiting on a return call from Argen
By dme do you mean the "implant library" that the model creator uses to when design a model? Cause that's what I used from implant direct.

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
I'm printing one out on my carbon tomorrow legacy 2 3.0 smartbase. Model to analog on my profile is 0.010. Elos, straumann nt trading and biohirizon all drop in snug, i think i went as high as 0.013 in my setting in 3shape. found 0.010 was a touch too tight. Didi you use the model C Dim profile?

RDA

RDA

Reaction score
We are looking for someone to print a model, using Implant Directs 3.4mm Inter Active platform. Recommendations?

Contraluz

Contraluz

Donator
Reaction score
We are looking for someone to print a model, using Implant Directs 3.4mm Inter Active platform. Recommendations?
I have mentioned this before, but Straumann has given me the best results for implant models. They recently improved the soft tissue color from screaming red to a nice pink...

eyeloveteeth

eyeloveteeth

Reaction score
i've had the best success with DESS analogs for printed models.

The NT trading ones are still ..... not great.

Contraluz

Contraluz

Donator
Reaction score
i've had the best success with DESS analogs for printed models.

The NT trading ones are still ..... not great.
Agree! Any Dim Analog that does not have these flimsy Clover leaf shaped anti-rotational parts!!!

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
On our Carbon,
I have dialed the analog to model setting perfectly for Straumann, ID, NT trading, Biohorizon, Elos, Nobels, Tru abutment all have their own model profile and the "Click" of the nobel or elos anlogs when fitted into the model are an awesome sound to hear. Not rotation movement on any DIM unless the resin tray needs cleaning and that is where i notice fit is compromised. But if kept clean the best implant model i have ever printed. Just snug enough to where a little bit of pressure seats it without scraping the models walls to fit.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
On our Carbon,
I have dialed the analog to model setting perfectly for Straumann, ID, NT trading, Biohorizon, Elos, Nobels, Tru abutment all have their own model profile and the "Click" of the nobel or elos anlogs when fitted into the model are an awesome sound to hear. Not rotation movement on any DIM unless the resin tray needs cleaning and that is where i notice fit is compromised. But if kept clean the best implant model i have ever printed. Just snug enough to where a little bit of pressure seats it without scraping the models walls to fit.
I'm not a fan of the elos fit on the model T from Argen.
I've come around to appreciate the simple design of the straumann analog.

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
I'm not a fan of the elos fit on the model T from Argen.
I've come around to appreciate the simple design of the straumann analog.
"T" LOL Please stop! Barely even good for C&B work. LOL I'll send you a printed model for elos and you see. All in the settings. Next nobel or elos model i have i will make a short video of the clicking sound, like heaven, I also use the elos tools to place the analogs in the model.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
"T" LOL Please stop! Barely even good for C&B work. LOL I'll send you a printed model for elos and you see. All in the settings. Next nobel or elos model i have i will make a short video of the clicking sound, like heaven, I also use the elos tools to place the analogs in the model.
No doubt the carbon model will have a more accurate fit. I use the model C for inlays , veneers and all my removables.
for c&b, I use model T which is cheaper as well as being sufficient for check models.

The snapping sound I like to hear is when my wallet closes.

Last edited:
M

MrNeverFixit

Reaction score
iTero, 3M Dental, Sirona

Top Bottom