Fit Checker

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
I was waiting at the door for ups guy, it didn't come today :/ *sad trombone*

Once you get it, you're going to love it, you'll want to steam everything...kinda along the same lines as, "if I had a hammer". :)

JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
Ive had one at other labs, just never pulled the trigger for my own.

Sda36

Sda36

Reaction score
Pretty sure TheLabGuy still wears it.
Just as a fit checker, nothing beats this, spreads down to 5 microns, water soluable. Brush it all over an Itero model and Completely steams of with ease. On stone, use the sealer supplied or steam off soon after use.

B

Bryce D

Reaction score
We used to use lipstick it cleans up easy and it is cheap.

Sda36

Sda36

Reaction score
We used to use lipstick it cleans up easy and it is cheap.
My point being is you can evenly distribute everywhere and avoid false markings. Lipstick is basically wax and can leave uneven deposits which lead to false indications which can be frustrating. Been there, a Long time ago though

JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
Ask @CoolHandLuke about me waiting for my new laptop, poor guy was getting hit with minute by minute updates.

We need a picture with you and your new steamy friend.
Too lazy to figure out DLN on my phone and too lazy to upload a picture to my work or home computer. You will have to settle with my face looking like my profile when I steam something.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
New Dr? That’s what I did when my Dr put on a rubber glove and told me to turn around.
Actually, what are you fit checking?
We're gonna miss you
gone to that hunting camp in the sky.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
It is hunting season, maybe he's out with Al. Those 2 get along well :)

JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
Quick question, the steaman jr switch in the handle seems to pull right out of handle bypassing the threads. Also it is wet along the soldered connections. In my experience water and electricity do not go well together. Is this the design or is my handle broken.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
Quick question, the steaman jr switch in the handle seems to pull right out of handle bypassing the threads. Also it is wet along the soldered connections. In my experience water and electricity do not go well together. Is this the design or is my handle broken.

That's so you can eventually replace the spring(s) and contact washer. Over time, the contact gets lost due to rust, oxidation so you'll need to scrape those surfaces to get it to steam. Of course, turn the unit off before you do that.

You'll be fine, that area that might be damp is free standing and is surrounded by your rubber gasket and the plastic handle. It may be grease or oil to help protect it from water.

Be sure to get a back up of the switch and of a cap and a blue gasket, to have on hand for when you need them.

20201023_103607.jpg
20201023_103027.jpg
2020-10-23 10-31-38.jpg

Last edited:
Doris A

Doris A

Solutions
Reaction score
That's so you can eventually replace the spring(s) and contact washer. Over time, the contact gets lost due to rust, oxidation so you'll need to scrape those surfaces to get it to steam. Of course, turn the unit off before you do that.

You'll be fine, that area that might be damp is free standing and is surrounded by your rubber gasket and the plastic handle. It may be grease or oil to help protect it from water.

Be sure to get a back up of the switch and of a cap and a blue gasket, to have on hand for when you need them.

View attachment 37098
View attachment 37099
View attachment 37100
And don't forget the pressure cap. I just got a new one today. When it starts leaking steam and a replaced gasket only lasts a couple of weeks you know you need a new cap.

Edit: Oops, you did say a new cap!

model guy

model guy

Donator
Reaction score
It’s just a little tickle.... We have had one Here for many years as my back up when the former owner kept buying ones from Kerr. I was never actually Shocked by it though.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score

Just a little modification I did for the gun "holster". I cut it from the one side, smoothed that out, then left a length to bend over to help keep the handle in place and to keep it from rubbing against a sharp edge.

It just makes it a little easier in dropping the handle into the holder, rather then threading it through the opening. You can bend it in a bit to help with a friction fit.

You probably also noticed that the holder can be mounted on either side of the unit, it has the pre drilled screw holes for it. My unit is older, thus white. I think the newer ones are stainless steel.

20201026_145949.jpg
20201026_145956.jpg
20201026_150017.jpg

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Just a little modification I did for the gun "holster". I cut it from the one side, smoothed that out, then left a length to bend over to help keep the handle in place and to keep it from rubbing against a sharp edge.

It just makes it a little easier in dropping the handle into the holder, rather then threading it through the opening. You can bend it in a bit to help with a friction fit.

You probably also noticed that the holder can be mounted on either side of the unit, it has the pre drilled screw holes for it. My unit is older, thus white. I think the newer ones are stainless steel.

View attachment 37116
View attachment 37117
View attachment 37118
Wylie Coyote. Super Genius.

F

FASTFNGR

Reaction score
I have been using pencil, but my dr. doesn't like the black dies left behind.... Any suggestions?
If you like doing that clean it up before you send it back. If not use some of the check sprays in the market.

JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
If you like doing that clean it up before you send it back. If not use some of the check sprays in the market.
This is the main reason I got a steamer finally.

F

FullPartial

Reaction score
Didn’t read a lot of comments so sorry if it’s been mentioned. Talladium CAD spray. Buy a can. Love it. Use it for checking intaglio of crowns, matting shiny surfaces for scanning, spray some on your face for that 17th century French aristocratic Halloween outfit and it’s a breeze to steam off printed models.