Fit Checker

Doris A

Doris A

Solutions
Reaction score
Claimed true by Exxon. But is it his fault if he's off duty?

Forget the drunken skipper fable. As to Captain Joe Hazelwood, he was below decks, sleeping off his bender. At the helm, the third mate would never have collided with Bligh Reef had he looked at his Raycas radar. But the radar was not turned on. In fact, the tanker's radar was left broken and disasbled for more than a year before the disaster, and Exxon management knew it. It was just too expensive to fix and operate.

Drunk or sober, the captain of the ship is responsible. If he leaves port with broken equipment, anything that happens is his responsibility.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
Thank goodness Kraver started this thread, it's been very educational and entertaining :)

ps2thtec

ps2thtec

Donator
Reaction score
you guys need better milling partners. 1 in 4 off is 1 too many.

Clarification, on a four unit anterior, 1crown didn’t fit. Have had others on occasion, all iTerror models. Got 2 back the other day and like usual the die stone case fits great. But not the iTerror.
If 3fit, wth?
lol...is sure is a lot easier relieving the die.

So what part is flawed? The scan, the milled model? I don’t trust it. But doc always says”Fit Great”!
I know I only want a case for me to come off an impression 😉

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Clarification, on a four unit anterior, 1crown didn’t fit. Have had others on occasion, all iTerror models. Got 2 back the other day and like usual the die stone case fits great. But not the iTerror.
If 3fit, wth?

So what part is flawed? The scan, the milled model? I don’t trust it. But doc always says”Fit Great”!
Best way to put it is the model is made fast as possible. So the data accuracy goes out the window.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
If 3fit, wth?

My post was tounge in cheek, but I'm still glad all of my work is with impressions, so far. Just an occasional sirona file. With the artimax system model work is a breeze and having an impression for verification and solid casts is nice.

I know one day my accounts will change to more I/O, but for now, I'm enjoying the ride.

Tayebdental

Tayebdental

Tayeb S. CDT
Donator
Reaction score
Aren’t the drs your dad and brother? Have them get a steamer. You should have it for removables as well.
Or use your espresso machine steamer 😉

Sda36

Sda36

Reaction score
Or use your espresso machine steamer 😉
Have used Tanaka Bite-X since 1984, never looked back or elsewhere as product is amazing and wouldn't open my lab door without it. Available in red, yellow and green. Spreads out to a 5 micron thickness. I use primarily red for fit checking, green on opposing arch for occlusal contacts with out Any false markings. The system is for use originally with Tanaka's "One Bake" technique...

Sda36

Sda36

Reaction score
Have used Tanaka Bite-X since 1984, never looked back or elsewhere as product is amazing and wouldn't open my lab door without it. Available in red, yellow and green. Spreads out to a 5 micron thickness. I use primarily red for fit checking, green on opposing arch for occlusal contacts with out Any false markings. The system is for use originally with Tanaka's "One Bake" technique...

Another pic of use with "One Bake" technique showing primary contacts with red x's, green point contacts and discluding zones in yellow. 2nd pic is after firing occlusal adjustments using green for desired, red for disclusion...

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score

Nice tip, Sda36. I may be giving them a call.

"Tanaka Bite-X™ Articulating paste is easy to use and washes off easily with water. It burns out cleanly at 1200˚F and will not contaminate porcelain. It never dries out, enabling repeated use of the same micron accurate application".

CatamountRob

CatamountRob

Banned Member
Reaction score
That would be great except in my experience most dentists just want everything out of contact.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
Same with mine, they like it out of occlusion, and I want it that way, esp for fcz posteriors so they're not cranking on the occlusion starting micro cracks.
I liked it for the red, compared to the spray...you know, me and red, you greenie :)

Last edited:
Sda36

Sda36

Reaction score
Same with mine, they like it out of occlusion, and I want it that way, esp for fcz posteriors so they're not cranking on the occlusion starting micro cracks.
I liked it for the red, compared to the spray...you know, me and red, you greenie :)
I follow this technique for establishing occlusal contacts but place a spacer (piece of emax sticker) under the die. That way when it does migrate into occlusion, it will be pre engineered for proper occlusion.