Fit Checker

Contraluz

Contraluz

Donator
Reaction score
I tend to like Valacon red, it steams off cleanly. The green is especially easy to get off. I think you could use a toothbrush with soapy water to get it (green) off?
I seal my margins with clear coat, even the occlusion which I sprayed
and wasn't sealed, steamed off nicely.
Interesting. I use the Renfert Die Hardener, and it is almost imposible to get the dies clean of the Vacalon spray (red one, though)

CatamountRob

CatamountRob

Banned Member
Reaction score
I can’t believe you guys use the red. Anybody whose anybody is using the green.

CatamountRob

CatamountRob

Banned Member
Reaction score
Way back when I first started, Quickcheck was a Ney product and we used white. There was something in it that made me sneeze as soon as I sprayed it, then they changed something in the formula because it stopped happening.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
Interesting. I use the Renfert Die Hardener, and it is almost imposible to get the dies clean of the Vacalon spray (red one, though)

The red that I can't totally steam off is the Occlude red, as it leaves a bit of a stain look. It does come in handy though for the next level of intensity when the Valacon red shows up a bit faint.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
Way back when I first started, Quickcheck was a Ney product and we used white. There was something in it that made me sneeze as soon as I sprayed it, then they changed something in the formula because it stopped happening.

I remember that, and the white...which when they quit using asbestos in it, people stopped sneezing....just kidding ;)

ps2thtec

ps2thtec

Donator
Reaction score
I color the prep with pencil and check the fit, Typically there are a few spots that need to be relieved to fit the crown.

? Few spots? Which do you relieve, the die or the crown?

ps2thtec

ps2thtec

Donator
Reaction score
Learn what the problem areas are and tweek your cement gap.
I do tons of model free iTero with no issue. Remember, iTero models arent super accurate.

I still have inconsistencies with iTerror models. And I changed the “Additional Spacing”. One out of 4 crowns doesn’t seat.
Im now trying some printed models. Time will tell. Not totally impressed either. But more detail.

millennium

millennium

Donator
Reaction score
I think the reason you stopped sneezing is in your first post in this thread.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
I think that's what happened to the Exxon Valdez, he got confused with port and starboard.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Funny, but isn't that true, that he was drinking, or drunk, when they ran aground?
Claimed true by Exxon. But is it his fault if he's off duty?

Forget the drunken skipper fable. As to Captain Joe Hazelwood, he was below decks, sleeping off his bender. At the helm, the third mate would never have collided with Bligh Reef had he looked at his Raycas radar. But the radar was not turned on. In fact, the tanker's radar was left broken and disasbled for more than a year before the disaster, and Exxon management knew it. It was just too expensive to fix and operate.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
you guys need better milling partners. 1 in 4 off is 1 too many.

Doris A

Doris A

Solutions
Reaction score
Way back when I knew a few techs that used red lipstick, just sayin.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
Claimed true by Exxon. But is it his fault if he's off duty?

Forget the drunken skipper fable. As to Captain Joe Hazelwood, he was below decks, sleeping off his bender. At the helm, the third mate would never have collided with Bligh Reef had he looked at his Raycas radar. But the radar was not turned on. In fact, the tanker's radar was left broken and disasbled for more than a year before the disaster, and Exxon management knew it. It was just too expensive to fix and operate.

Then you get a Winner for your double entendre post. Well done, skipper, just don't go on a bender and leave the helm in the hands of CRob
who wants to be a non conformist, and runs the forum into an internet black hole :)

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Then you get a Winner for your double entendre post. Well done, skipper, just don't go on a bender and leave the helm in the hands of CRob
who wants to be a non conformist, and runs the forum into an internet black hole :)
What's wrong with non-conformity?