Firing peg putty

bluemax

bluemax

Reaction score
Hi, everyone. I hope you are all safe and healthy.

I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations as to which putty to use when I want to attach a zicronia crown to a firing peg when I want to sinter it?

Thank you.

doug

doug

Reaction score
We use Harvest, but have use others.

Patrick Coon

Patrick Coon

Reaction score

I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations as to which putty to use when I want to attach a zicronia crown to a firing peg when I want to sinter it?

Thank you.

Do not use peg putty during sintering. place posteriors flat on the table on their occlusion. Anteriors should be placed flat on their facial surfaces.

After sintering, during stain and glaze, I use either Harvest Superpeg 2, or Ivoclar Object Fix Flow.

user name

user name

Reaction score
I have a suspicion that hes actually asking about crystalizing milled e.max blue blocks.

???

bluemax

bluemax

Reaction score
I have a suspicion that hes actually asking about crystalizing milled e.max blue blocks.

???

Hi. No I'm not. We don't use e.max at the lab. We only use zirconia.

Here's what I ordered.
51rYNSQM2GL._AC_SL1000_.jpg
Now I have seen in different pictures that a putty needs to be used to fasten the crown to the peg. The thing is, there are so many different brands out there that I really don't know which way to turn.

We use the Zirkonzahn system in the lab and also their blanks/pucks. They don't supply a putty for pegs. They do however, sell a granulate, which I will order, but I thought having a couple of pegs would be helpful, not just for larger arch work but also if I just want to throw in a single crown and am too lazy (hey I am in the Caribbean for a reason :) ) to go down the granulate way.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Stay safe.

user name

user name

Reaction score
Dont use pegs.
Dont use putty.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
As user name implied, just rest it margin down on a honeycomb tray. (middle of the web page) https://www.tddentalsupply.com/product/porcelain-accessories/

If they stick to the tray, you're using to much glaze per bake, use thinner coats and 2 - 3 glazes.

For bridges with pontics, I prefer the wire pegs myself, that can be bent to support
the crown or bridge better. If still needed, I use a little Harvest Dental's Super Peg 2
to help support the crown or bridge on the wire pegs.

wire pegs.PNG

1590091302132.png

Last edited:
user name

user name

Reaction score
As user name implied, just rest it margin down on a honeycomb tray. (middle of the web page) https://www.tddentalsupply.com/product/porcelain-accessories/

If they stick to the tray, you're using to much glaze per bake, use thinner coats and 2 - 3 glazes.

For bridges with pontics, I prefer the wire pegs myself, that can be bent to support
the crown or bridge better. If still needed, I use a little Harvest Dental's Super Peg 2
to help support the crown or bridge on the wire pegs.

User didnt imply anything of the kind. Im talking about sintering.
I swear...there must be two different languages that both use similarly spelled words with different meanings.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
lol...I still was on the glazing... the thread throws me off when thinking of pegs and putty as it is soooo contrary to anything you'd do for sintering, agree.

But remember, at one point you even thought he was talking about emax blue blocks ;)

What a messed up thread and topic ;) :) or it's just me.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
lol...I still was on the glazing... the thread throws me off when thinking of pegs and putty as it is soooo contrary to anything you'd do for sintering, agree.

But remember, at one point you even thought he was talking about emax blue blocks ;)

What a messed up thread and topic ;) :) or it's just me.
It's not you.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
Thank you, JMN :)
And yes user, it's always me Aetsch

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
You're welcome bluemax, just remember that those firing pegs were made for normal porcelain oven use.

user name

user name

Reaction score
I cant wait for the WTF follow up on this.

A

A. M.

Reaction score
I've had a WTF moment when I saw this: "when I want to sinter it"... :)

Accutech

Accutech

Reaction score
Hey Bluemax, I thought we already went over this with you before all of this corona virus disruption. Anyway, I hope you are all sorted out now.

F

FASTFNGR

Reaction score

Thank you.
You do not use anything to sinter it. Just lay it flat on glass beads or zirconia beads.

D

digimiller

Reaction score
To crystallize emax cad after milling, can only Ivoclar Object Fix should be used?? Wonderpeg? Harvest Peg? for Crystallization from blue state