Fine then...

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
Im not sure if youve used exocad denture module, but I think Gerber would approve, it does a great model analysis, more than most denture techs ever attempt, just as a starting point.

JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
for me, articulation and ANALYSIS OF MODELS, setting and modeling of a complete denture take about 3 to 4 hours. replacing with acrylic is about an hour, aesthetics with composite, paints and varnishing is also another hour. so I close myself in 6 hours for a set of dentures. However, I'm lazy I break it up for two days and it turns into 8h.
Why is analysis of models capitalized? It is probably the shortest step time wise. It is undeniably valuable, but takes maybe a minute a cast.

Jack_the_dentureman

Jack_the_dentureman

Reaction score
Why is analysis of models capitalized? It is probably the shortest step time wise. It is undeniably valuable, but takes maybe a minute a cast.

because I do in-depth analysis.:cool:

I wanted it to mean every small, important step, which together meant a little. That I don't set up anyhow. maybe not a minute, but actually the analysis and painting with pencils do not take much time.

F

FASTFNGR

Reaction score
Expensive equipment is not paid for by temporary and immediate work. It is paid for by the every day cases and labor/time savings. Which in turn make temporary and immediate work easier and quicker in skilled hands, just as many of you are in traditional methods. It's a tool for a tasks, not a one tool solves every problem. Your work bench doesn't have only one or tool rotary tools just like your tool box doesn't just a hammer and Phillip's screw driver.

Out of curiosity, how long does it take (or what is expected from) a skilled tech to make an above average or better denture from casts and Rx to final not including boil out and curing?
Takes me less than 2 hours from start to finish A quality premium denture. 20min set up, 25 min to invest, 2 min boil out, cure 3 min, bench set 20min and finish 10min. I would like to see $80000 machine do it as fast and as cheap. Oh by the way you can scan it later and keep the file in case you need a cheap replica.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Takes me less than 2 hours from start to finish A quality premium denture. 20min set up, 25 min to invest, 2 min boil out, cure 3 min, bench set 20min and finish 10min. I would like to see $80000 machine do it as fast and as cheap. Oh by the way you can scan it later and keep the file in case you need a cheap replica.
What in the wild wild world of sports are you making them in that polymerizes in 3 minutes?

Doris A

Doris A

Donator
Solutions
Reaction score
What in the wild wild world of sports are you making them in that polymerizes in 3 minutes?
GC America microwave acrylic would be my guess.

F

FASTFNGR

Reaction score
This is a Microwave heat cured acrylic from GC America. Have been using it for about 20 years.

F

FASTFNGR

Reaction score
define premium denture
Premium is an acrylic that is heat cured with 99.99% monimor free after curing 3 min in the microwave using either Vita, Ivoclar or HK premium teeth. Add to that Ceramic teeth when ordered by the Dentist. Can not get any better in my opinion.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
I have the flask and have been wanting to make the switch from ivocap to gc for awhile but I've been turning down doing removables the past year and didnt want to experiment on a same day reline. the gc pour works great for those. Not sure if I want to microwave an old denture either..

Jack_the_dentureman

Jack_the_dentureman

Reaction score
I don't want to be rude, but I would say that premium teeth are not premium dentures yet.
and in particular premium is not defined by heat cure acrylic

Flipperlady

Flipperlady

Reaction score

This isn't the original video I watched but this looks great right up until min 1:40, that is very telling to me, where the denture flexes freakishly far, say something to me about the actual material used.

Last edited:
JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
I don't want to be rude, but I would say that premium teeth are not premium dentures yet.
I would say most of the time the only thing between premium and economy is the teeth. Heat cured acrylic has been the gold standard in dentures for decades.

JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
I have the flask and have been wanting to make the switch from ivocap to gc for awhile but I've been turning down doing removables the past year and didnt want to experiment on a same day reline. the gc pour works great for those. Not sure if I want to microwave an old denture either..
Why would you want to switch from ivocap to anything else? You cant really get a denser acrylic then ivocap/base.

D

Denture Dude

Donator
Reaction score

Man. I love it. 20 mins to set and wax, you must have robot arms and eyes.

Jack_the_dentureman

Jack_the_dentureman

Reaction score

F

FASTFNGR

Reaction score
The only acrylic the almost 0% monomor after cure is GC microwavable or similar process. Regular heat cured are left with at least 30% if not more monimor after curing. That will go away in several months with normal soaking in water as it is being used by the patient. When nothing else compare, I call it premium.

JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
The only acrylic the almost 0% monomor after cure is GC microwavable or similar process. Regular heat cured are left with at least 30% if not more monimor after curing. That will go away in several months with normal soaking in water as it is being used by the patient. When nothing else compare, I call it premium.
You realize residual monomer should be less than 5% even in the auto polymerizing resins. Lucitone 199(the standard) Heat cured should be around 2-3% residual monomer. 30% would taste like squirting the monomer bottle directly into your mouth. I think the microwave method has made leaps and bounds, but it still does not compare with the density, and monomer reduction of ivocap/base.