Fine then...

TomZ

TomZ

Reaction score
I think the microwave method has made leaps and bounds, but it still does not compare in monomer reduction of ivocap/base.

Do you have any independent published research to support this or is it just an anecdotal observation?

JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
I think the microwave method has made leaps and bounds, but it still does not compare in monomer reduction of ivocap/base.

Do you have any independent published research to support this or is it just an anecdotal observation?
I know you are a big advocate of microwave acrylic. I do not have any third party research.

Doris A

Doris A

Solutions
Reaction score
From first hand experience, no scientific data. I’ve used both Ivocap and GC America microwave clear acrylic for a surgical stent and they both work fine, but the microwave acrylic is more brittle compared to the Ivocap. The Ivocap is a much denser acrylic.

Last edited:
Glenn Kennedy

Glenn Kennedy

Reaction score
The July 2020 issue of Dental Town magazine included a survey of prosthodontists. When asked about their interest in 3D printed dentures they responded:
9% Never heard of them
56% I would enjoy using this technology
4% I have done a few cases
3% I am fully committed to printed dentures
28% I have no interest.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
What about the other 7%?

N

nickate

Reaction score
Takes me less than 2 hours from start to finish A quality premium denture. 20min set up, 25 min to invest, 2 min boil out, cure 3 min, bench set 20min and finish 10min. I would like to see $80000 machine do it as fast and as cheap. Oh by the way you can scan it later and keep the file in case you need a cheap replica.
This I gotta see.... Post up a youtube video of your 20 minute setup please. I see you did not mention a mounting... I'm assuming here ya are setting it up into thin air....
Do you use microwace acrylic? If you are this fast you have a lot of time for hobbies I bet!