FCZ UNDER 5 MINUTES

JayH

JayH

Geek
Reaction score
No matter how fast you push the machine tool, the physical properties of the green state Zr and the tooling itself define the limits with which you can manufacture an acceptable part. Even given that "acceptable" is a subjective term, I doubt you'll find a five minute milling solution (that still needs to sinter for how long?)

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
No matter how fast you push the machine tool, the physical properties of the green state Zr and the tooling itself define the limits with which you can manufacture an acceptable part. Even given that "acceptable" is a subjective term, I doubt you'll find a five minute milling solution (that still needs to sinter for how long?)
What's the card in your avatar pic?
Embroidered 127.0.0.1 sweet 127.0.0.1?

C

charles007

Reaction score
Ken, it is possible to mill a 5-6 minute fcz. A number of years ago the milling lab I used at that time bought one of the first Zubler mills in the US.They were playing around with the new mill in the first days of installation to see its limits and milled one fcz in either 5 or 6 minutes. No longer using that milling lab and no clue what the average milling time is on Zubler mills. Bet the average milling time is around 15 minutes not that I know !

JayH

JayH

Geek
Reaction score
What's the card in your avatar pic?
Embroidered 127.0.0.1 sweet 127.0.0.1?

That's a 60mm Lava frame with a five unit anterior bridge milled out, justified left.

C

charles007

Reaction score
Yet to hear of any labs milling average FCZ under 10 -12 minutes

Ken Knapp

Ken Knapp

Reaction score
One is only limited by your imagination to overcome assumptions and create what seems impossible!

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
80-100k rpm ? ah you want to cheat and grind fully sintered junk.

have fun with that.

Wainwright

Wainwright

Reaction score
I once heard of a solution for bruxism patients that would give them a restoration now...

After writing this my joke was much better as an idea...

Last edited:
CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
if you could only link correctly.

zero_zero

zero_zero

Reaction score
Why settle for five minutes ? With an air turbine pushing 400k+ rpm's you could get the machining done to 2-3 minutes, you'd need multiple spindles or very fast tool change speeds (seen in industrial mills) as well.

cadfan

cadfan

Reaction score
milling is old fashioned **** in a few years done with polyjet with patients indiv color in zirkon print and sinter done.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
milling is old fashioned **** in a few years done with polyjet with patients indiv color in zirkon print and sinter done.
who even needs printing, the dentist will be able to fire a laser at the tooth and regrow it. who can mill in 5 minutes? who cares?

cadfan

cadfan

Reaction score
who even needs printing, the dentist will be able to fire a laser at the tooth and regrow it. who can mill in 5 minutes? who cares?
estimates say 2025 60 percent dental stuff is printed ask Glenn and 3 D systems thats why they bought Nextdent. not sure about the numbers if i remeber right 60 MRD volume

Ken Knapp

Ken Knapp

Reaction score
estimates say 2025 60 percent dental stuff is printed ask Glenn and 3 D systems thats why they bought Nextdent. not sure about the numbers if i remeber right 60 MRD volume
Don't know if printed zirconia will be the future..will see. Do know that getting todays latest zirconia esthetics with printed materials will be 10X more difficult.

Technology road maps are usually off by 10 years or more, or nonexistent.

I believe processing an esthetic zirconia with the present pressing and colloidal methods has a lot more process latitude than printing.

Will be a tough road for printed zirconia to reach the current and increasing esthetic demand.

Milling zirconia will be around for at least another 15 years (IMO).

S

sirmorty

Reaction score
Milling the zicronia is not the problem.
It's the time it takes to sinter it. That's where the time saving is to be had.
You're looking in the wrong spot to "better, faster, cheaper" or whatever you called it.

cadfan

cadfan

Reaction score
we see at the moment we work on single color prints a question of time
the rest is more expense multijet but not more than industrial mills we see more and more hybrid production milling is to expense and time consuming.

Top Bottom