FCZ UNDER 5 MINUTES

Ken Knapp

Ken Knapp

Reaction score
Who can mill a FCZ crown within 5 min.?

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
That is truly pushing the limits or Zr. And dont even factor in bur life. Why would you want to go that fast?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

doug

doug

Reaction score
Milling here is basically a passive activity since we do a lot of it over night. If I need to mill something during the day, I want to do it once. Fast isn't an option when I'm in a hurry, if you know what I mean.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
No, only choose one. Better.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
I got that from hardcore computer friends in the 90's when if you for some reason wanted a MoBo with a (cheap & fast) Via chipset you'd better be willing to have issues. The 686b southbridge, even at 2 revisions was a waste of silicon and created lots of issues.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
how many bridges on mars do i need to buy ?

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Why not All!
Faster , Better and Cheaper!
Make a roundhouse zirc bridge with the cheapest tools and materials you can find, at higher than the recommended feed and spindle rotation rates. You'll get your answer.

It has changed from days of swedging and electrolytic deposition in banded impressions, but that only expands the proof that without new materials to mill on or with we're getting reducing returns and only evolutionary changes in our time:product equation.

“Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing.”
Oscar Wilde, The Picture of Dorian Gray

Edit: I'm getting a feeling you've got something up your sleeve.

Ken Knapp

Ken Knapp

Reaction score
Make a roundhouse zirc bridge with the cheapest tools and materials you can find, at higher than the recommended feed and spindle rotation rates. You'll get your answer.

It has changed from days of swedging and electrolytic deposition in banded impressions, but that only expands the proof that without new materials to mill on or with we're getting reducing returns and only evolutionary changes in our time:product equation.

“Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing.”
Oscar Wilde, The Picture of Dorian Gray

Edit: I'm getting a feeling you've got something up your sleeve.
Not wearing sleeves today. My goal is to have high quality FCZ machined under 5 min. Not there yet....getting there.. Have many dentist clients that want rapid turn around. Small machined batches with fast cycle time.

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
Not wearing sleeves today. My goal is to have high quality FCZ machined under 5 min. Not there yet....getting there.. Have many dentist clients that want rapid turn around. Small machined batches with fast cycle time.
so where are you at now, in time? can you show us some of the results? or heck, upload a vid? what mill, what tools, etc.

RCKSTR

RCKSTR

Reaction score
Best formula for a chunk of chalk with open margins I've ever heard

RCKSTR

RCKSTR

Reaction score
Seriously I've done 8 minute crowns, they are not great quality nor is it accurately repeatable. Its fun to push the machines to see whats possible, but usable production cannot be accomplished with it IMO.

Ken Knapp

Ken Knapp

Reaction score
so where are you at now, in time? can you show us some of the results? or heck, upload a vid? what mill, what tools, etc.
Maching time is presently15min/crown. Custom built CNC mill with industrial non
dental specific CAM software.
Building next generation CNC mill (under 5 min/Crown) now with Direct Drive Linear Motors (XY),spindle 80,000-100,000 RPM ,and customized zirconia blanks for minimal machining time and zirconia waste. Faster, Better & Cheaper!
I was really surprised how easy it was to build a CNC mill from ground up. The finished results are equal to or better than any of the outsource suppliers on the market today.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Maching time is presently15min/crown. Custom built CNC mill with industrial non
dental specific CAM software.
Building next generation CNC mill (under 5 min/Crown) now with Direct Drive Linear Motors (XY),spindle 80,000-100,000 RPM ,and customized zirconia blanks for minimal machining time and zirconia waste. Faster, Better & Cheaper!
I was really surprised how easy it was to build a CNC mill from ground up. The finished results are equal to or better than any of the outsource suppliers on the market today.
You do have something up your sleeve after all.

Top Bottom