Father's Day

Inman Labs

Inman Labs

Reaction score
Happy Father's Day to all of you that have the honor!
Regards,
Don

L

labdude

Reaction score
Happy Father's day to you Don! And to all others as well.

Time for a margarita about the size of a kiddy pool!!!
So I can look and feel my very best!!
Mike.
20071111_219.jpg

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
Mike you're such a stud......lol To take this thread another to another level on Father's Day, I want you to share a memorable moment about your father. With that in mind, I remember I was 16 years old, invincible, could conquer the world with my thoughts and actions.....Hey, I was 16, give me a break. Either way, I got caught up partying with some friends late at night, lost track of time and rushed home around 2am. My curfew was midnight, so thinking I could go ahead and sneak in the house, I open the door very quietly. Slowly pushing the door open, tip-toeing, I notice the T.V. was on. There was my Dad watching T.V. I immediately go into "everything is okay" mode. I inquistively respond as I sit down, "Hey Dad, how ya doing, whatcha watching?".....He sternly looks at me, and responds with a low toned voice....."The Clock". Needless to say, my night just got longer.....

Hope you enjoyed it.

L

labdude

Reaction score
Hi Rob,
Interesting story.
Mine is quite different, my dad would come home the next day or so. I was the last of 3 kids. My mom and I lived together from the time I was 14. Dad was gone. Not passed away, just a drinking fool.
My brother and sister were a on their own and married. My sister first, she is the oldest. My brother married after his return from Nam, he's a Marine.
Now he's quiet, still married, but real different and reclusive like he never was before Nam.
I'm doing o.k. here in Oregon with Linda. Dad died at 80 somewher in Florida was what I heard. Don't know for sure.
Life is good.
Mike.

Inman Labs

Inman Labs

Reaction score
Watching the tributes to Tim Russert this morning really reminds me how important being a father is. I started my family in my early thirties so I am kind of an old Dad, I look back and wonder how my Dad handled it all so young.

My older boy leaves tomorrow to NY for a 10 day program called Future Leaders of America, he even got a haircut! I will miss him so much!!!!

I hope today was special for you all.

Don

Top Bottom