Facepalm cases

Doris A

Doris A

Solutions
Reaction score
Every time I think I've seen it all, something new comes along.
Picked up an add #26 to a /P.
They put impression material into a tray and pushed the partial into the tray without it being in the patient's mouth and sent it to us to add the tooth. RoflStupidRofl

bigj1972

bigj1972

Reaction score
Every time I think I've seen it all, something new comes along.
Picked up an add #26 to a /P.
They put impression material into a tray and pushed the partial into the tray without it being in the patient's mouth and sent it to us to add the tooth. RoflStupidRofl
wish had a picture

JonnyLathe

JonnyLathe

Reaction score
Thank goodness Doctor was in the room to provide Direct Supervision of Assistant..
What's the good of having assistants if the dentists have to deal with denture patients!? I mean sheesh! It's denture patients we're talking about here!

bigj1972

bigj1972

Reaction score
What's the good of having assistants if the dentists have to deal with denture patients!? I mean sheesh! It's denture patients we're talking about here!
Yeah,....Just go make an impression and call the lab.

kimba

kimba

Reaction score
Just when I thought I had seen it all !!
I don’t know why I am still surprised at this level of incompetence but I am. At least it gave me good laugh half a bottle of red wine in on a Saturday night

bigj1972

bigj1972

Reaction score
Lab: Well since assistants are just trained to disinfect rooms, make charts, make study casts, and place instruments....since its a menial task and a burden...labs will just start making dentures for the public directly.

Dentist: Oh hell no!! That's illegal. I went 4 years of college and paid 200k for dental school to have specialized medical training in maxillofacial anatomy to make dentures for patients. Besides a lab doesn't know how to screen for oral cancer or diagnose malocclusion. You have to be a Doctor with a degree to achieve such a precise and scientific treatment!......I'll be right back....gotta check my iPhone err uh hygiene.

GG - J

GG - J

Reaction score
OK need some help your fellas and ladies

Case arrived from local account that she sent to a big house lab in mid west

recently completed flexi combo that's a doctor forgot about the housings she now picked up the housings caps in duralay resin

I should be OK if I can get the housings caps to sit on the model and strip redo the Set up and flexi process

Do i have this correct

Attachments

• 942FD61C-EB11-4AE2-BE9F-C348B6DBA13E.jpeg
    942FD61C-EB11-4AE2-BE9F-C348B6DBA13E.jpeg
    186.5 KB · Views: 62
  • BAF5300C-D127-49E0-AC52-F3F5C27FF8FA.jpeg
    BAF5300C-D127-49E0-AC52-F3F5C27FF8FA.jpeg
    99.7 KB · Views: 59
  • 161FF75B-5A76-424E-99E8-157B13772106.jpeg
    161FF75B-5A76-424E-99E8-157B13772106.jpeg
    105.9 KB · Views: 59
bigj1972

bigj1972

Reaction score
OK need some help your fellas and ladies

Case arrived from local account that she sent to a big house lab in mid west

recently completed flexi combo that's a doctor forgot about the housings she now picked up the housings caps in duralay resin

I should be OK if I can get the housings caps to sit on the model and strip redo the Set up and flexi process

Do i have this correct
So many things wrong with this I don't know where to begin.

Obviously doctor isn't a genius in removables. And the way you're describing and showing this case sounds like you're not very experienced... Maybe mid-level? No offense.

You need to put the brakes on this and give everyone involved a paradigm shift. You're thinking is sort of correct but there is a lot of potential here to go sideways.

Outside of some kind of extra stability, being processed in thermoplastic does not do anything except jeopardize the longevity of this appliance. This was either processed in nylon or a polyolefin. The partial does not look like it fits the 3D cast you have.

The flexible clasps have no real retentive value over the attachments alone. The attachments embedded in a flexible at that location compromises the durability of the partial.

My advice is to consult with the doctor about reprocessing in acrylic. If everything is good as is, you need to place analogs and make a cast out of the partial. Flask it, then take all the teeth out put back in The matrix and process in denture acrylic. If you experienced in fluid resin technique go that route with putty.

That 3D cast is practically useless. You're thinking is correct about solving the problem but you're not going to be able to solve it by going back into thermoplastic and because of the 3d cast involved you're going to go sideways with this and then it'll be an even bigger hole that you fell into.

So don't overcomplicate it, matrix and reprocess everything into an acrylic just as is, don't use the cast. If you can't do that, don't touch it.

Last edited:
Top Bottom