Facepalm cases

HonestAbe

HonestAbe

Reaction score
You all ever get a "fit to partial" case where the patient absolutely will spontaneously combust if they exist without their partial for more than a few hours? And it's a rush case? And the pre-op impression doesn't match at all with the prep impression?

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
You all ever get a "fit to partial" case where the patient absolutely will spontaneously combust if they exist without their partial for more than a few hours? And it's a rush case? And the pre-op impression doesn't match at all with the prep impression?
not anymore.
scan the existing tooth and morph new crown to old.
pt leaves with partial.

I refuse to do it in pvs.

Doris A

Doris A

Donator
Solutions
Reaction score
Just picked up a F/F from try in to process. Where are the models I ask? Oops, we threw them away!

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Dr sends Medit scan and says he noticed an artifact after marking the margin.
I asked if he wants me to proceed.
He responds, send me a picture on your end.....Banghead

HonestAbe

HonestAbe

Reaction score
Dr sends Medit scan and says he noticed an artifact after marking the margin.
I asked if he wants me to proceed.
He responds, send me a picture on your end.....Banghead
You should photoshop some extra artifacts into your picture, like maybe the Holy Hand Grenade

Also had a doc send pictures from their end but instead of high res screenshots they were blurry photos of the monitor taken with what I assume was a 90's era flip phone.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
You should photoshop some extra artifacts into your picture, like maybe the Holy Hand Grenade

Also had a doc send pictures from their end but instead of high res screenshots they were blurry photos of the monitor taken with what I assume was a 90's era flip phone.
I'm at a loss for words.

ps2thtec

ps2thtec

Donator
Reaction score
Received these two impressions from newer client recently. Not sure why they even bothered to send. Should have taken impression #3 ‘cause you know, Third time’s
a charm! Sent back .
0D94DEE9-9852-487F-A62F-CEDC1A59C713.jpeg

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
Quite ironic I broke the glass veneer working on a veneer case.. FML

Attachments

• 20220126_115136.jpg
    20220126_115136.jpg
    172.5 KB · Views: 114
HonestAbe

HonestAbe

Reaction score
Received these two impressions from newer client recently. Not sure why they even bothered to send. Should have taken impression #3 ‘cause you know, Third time’s
a charm! Sent back .
View attachment 40087
Just feel the margin's aura. What's its vibe? Does it seem more like an extrovert that wants to be above the gingiva or more introverted and subgingival? These impressions are gifts really, where the doctor is encouraging us to be as creative as we can be and really let our imaginations go wild.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
I threw a crown peg, and this happened.. needless to say this is how my weeks been..

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Just feel the margin's aura. What's its vibe? Does it seem more like an extrovert that wants to be above the gingiva or more introverted and subgingival? These impressions are gifts really, where the doctor is encouraging us to be as creative as we can be and really let our imaginations go wild.
You're really not supposed to use Vodka in the alcohol torch

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
The time I got a couple of boxes in from a couple different vendors, unboxed the stuff, then threw the boxes out. I didn't realize that the one box I threw out still had the Zimmer UCLA abutment in it $235.00, which the sanitation engineer promptly picked up first thing in the morning before I could look for it, to bring it to its new home, the trash heap.

CatamountRob

CatamountRob

Banned Member
Reaction score
The time I got a couple of boxes in from a couple different vendors, unboxed the stuff, then threw the boxes out. I didn't realize that the one box I threw out still had the Zimmer UCLA abutment in it $235.00, which the sanitation engineer promptly picked up first thing in the morning before I could look for it, to bring it to its new home, the trash heap.
Ouch.

HonestAbe

HonestAbe

Reaction score
Office sent back a case the other day for shade adjustment and I didn't find or even know there was a custom zirc abutment included in the contents until I found it while wiping the check-in counter down and my hand rolled over it. They had throw it in loose, into a paper bag, the paper bag was wet AND there was a hole in it. Also the screw was barely still in it.

ps2thtec

ps2thtec

Donator
Reaction score
Here’s a good that came in today 😂🤣🤪

EF10BFD0-6757-42F6-A61C-EF68F830A679.jpeg

bigj1972

bigj1972

Reaction score
And free of charge...This is a Redo Crown.
:mad:
They are leaning on your free work to give patient free work.

Their staff is still getting paid and your not even staff.
Not your problem.

Last edited:
doug

doug

Reaction score
We just had a case come in that the doctor had, from us, a note to reduce the opposing cusp to allow for occlusion. He didn't see the note, or the RED marking on the opposing cusp. He ground a hole through the crown and still seated it. Three months later, the crown comes loose. He takes a new impression of the existing prep, sends it to us with a note about how the crown came loose and, surprisingly, there's a hole in it. We're making a new crown, charging for it and I'm sending a 8.5"X11" note that says REDUCE OPPOSING TOOTH WHERE INDICATE IN RED. I just can't take the hit on this as he needs to feel the financial pain of his lack of attention to detail.

Top Bottom