Facepalm cases

kimba

kimba

Reaction score
I can just hear the conversation of you trying to explain amongst other things as to why there may be an an articulation issue.
Sometimes if you dont laugh you cry

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
digital isn't accurate enough for his practice.

ps2thtec

ps2thtec

Donator
Reaction score
I’m running out of meds dealing with her.Banghead May get replaced soon. Also running out of pixie dust so I pour a removable stop on each end.
25ABA427-39BD-4F48-B279-BDD46251CF45.jpeg

Jack_the_dentureman

Jack_the_dentureman

Reaction score
don't ask, I don't know why
I’m running out of meds dealing with her.Banghead May get replaced soon. Also running out of pixie dust so I pour a removable stop on each end.
View attachment 39042
I don't work with metal, no more PFM. I prefer to make zircon cheaper, along with temporary PMMA.
For such a job I would do a temporary PMMA and it will either fit with a slight correction or a new whole impression.
Moreover, it adds the aspect that the doctor checked the work twice on acrylic and zirconium. Everything is already on him.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
View attachment 39042
FYI Artimax trays work well for this. They have a distal stop pin that can be glued in while the tripple tray has not been separated and can be flamed for bite adjust.

I made so many 2-3-4-5 bridges on models like that the models could fill a car. 1/2 a lateral was the least I ever got, but that was also for a canine to 2nd molar so .... "what am I doing!" syndrome hits a lot.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
FYI Artimax trays work well for this. They have a distal stop pin that can be glued in while the tripple tray has not been separated and can be flamed for bite adjust.

I made so many 2-3-4-5 bridges on models like that the models could fill a car. 1/2 a lateral was the least I ever got, but that was also for a canine to 2nd molar so .... "what am I doing!" syndrome hits a lot.

;)

Oh no, Car's posting more photo's again 🤯 :banghead: :)

It does works great for singles, but for bridges I get concerned with the friction fit of the pins in the plastic base, and if they're truly seated all the way perfectly every time, especially 4-5 unit bridge cases like this. I tend towards a dual pinned (Renfert etc) dies poured in a base where I can see and feel confident that the dies are totally seated, like ps2 did. Not disparaging you friend, but maybe it's just a personal preference thing on my part :)

IMG_3294.JPG

Last edited:
JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
;)

It does works great for singles, but for bridges I get concerned with the friction fit of the pins in the plastic base, and if they're truly seated all the way perfectly every time, especially 4-5 unit bridge cases like this. I tend towards a dual pinned (Renfert etc) dies poured in a base where I can see and feel confident that the dies are totally seated, like ps2 did. Not disparaging you friend, but maybe it's just a personal preference thing on my part :)

View attachment 39050
I totaly get that.

I would pop the pins in, then out, then seat for pouring as they never seat as deep as teh first time again. Gets rid of a lot of the height question as long as you're good about keeping the model's bottom clean.

I had more issue with stuff fallinginto the bipin holes I had to poke back out with a paperclip or somethign than these.

But, we're all different and doing this the way that works for each of us.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
A steamer works great for cleaning out the bipin holes, if you have one :)

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
A steamer works great for cleaning out the bipin holes, if you have one :)
hogans heroes hogan GIF

Now he tells me.

ps2thtec

ps2thtec

Donator
Reaction score

;)

View attachment 39050

I use Mainstay here everyday for singles. And still use a small solid model to check contacts. Don‘t and wouldn’t use on any multiple unit cases. Just my preference also.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
I use Mainstay here everyday for singles. And still use a small solid model to check contacts. Don‘t and wouldn’t use on any multiple unit cases. Just my preference also.
Totally get that. At the time boss and I just even to each other couldn't justify the time/cost difference for what output differnece it would make given input limiters like 4 unit free end on quad tripple trays.

I wanted to put everything on a proper articulator to keep the error ranges and types all in one system. He did not like that at all.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
Again, another one that is not due to a Dr, but from a lab who didn't understand proper framework support. Thank goodness for FCZ
which helps some of those out there who don't get it :banghead:

magnifier_20211001_105333.jpg

magnifier_20211001_105345.jpg

HonestAbe

HonestAbe

Reaction score
Originally went high on the margin because there's a visible line there, made crown, delivered crown, doc says the real margin is low. We give them die to trim and they dp, mark it, send it back. The undercut is visible on the die with the naked eye. Picture is the least amount of red I could get with any insertion angle I tried. Unable to explain this concept to doc (not me having to try thankfully).

I'm considering making a giant version of this and 3d printing it to hand out as an example with a crown so I can ask them to help me warp the physical properties of the zirconia to go around corners. Maybe someone could invent a new product "Underkut Skipper" or something. I don't even know how I would explain it to someone if it wasn't immediately obvious by looking at it and saying "this won't fit because it cannot seat over this and touch all the margins. Sending like 20 screenshots to them is the next step I guess.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-10-01 10.42.13.png
    Screenshot 2021-10-01 10.42.13.png
    442.4 KB · Views: 108
HonestAbe

HonestAbe

Reaction score
This was a fun one of "can you work with this scan", and after a lot of fiddling in meshmixer, the answer was yes.. eventually.

Attachments

• pre edit messy scan.png
    pre edit messy scan.png
    766.5 KB · Views: 68
  • post edit messy scan.png
    post edit messy scan.png
    431.3 KB · Views: 75
CatamountRob

CatamountRob

Banned Member
Reaction score
Originally went high on the margin because there's a visible line there, made crown, delivered crown, doc says the real margin is low. We give them die to trim and they dp, mark it, send it back. The undercut is visible on the die with the naked eye. Picture is the least amount of red I could get with any insertion angle I tried. Unable to explain this concept to doc (not me having to try thankfully).

I'm considering making a giant version of this and 3d printing it to hand out as an example with a crown so I can ask them to help me warp the physical properties of the zirconia to go around corners. Maybe someone could invent a new product "Underkut Skipper" or something. I don't even know how I would explain it to someone if it wasn't immediately obvious by looking at it and saying "this won't fit because it cannot seat over this and touch all the margins. Sending like 20 screenshots to them is the next step I guess.
We’re beta testing an elastic zirconia right now, prolly be on the market in a year.
It’s going to be uuuuuge.
“Game changer”

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score

You could wax a crown on the die and ask the dr to remove it in one piece.

Top Bottom