Facepalm cases

Doris A

Doris A

Donator
Solutions
Reaction score
One of my top pet peeves. Universal precautions mean everybody's doing their part. When I was an owner, I'd talk to Dr personally and remind them that sending anything with bio burden improperly packaged is illegal, and since their malpractice insurance would skyrocket into orbit if something happened, maybe they should get their employees to stop acting like it's only my job....
Don't get to do that here, but I want to every time. Especially coming from the schools.
No, but your boss should.

kcdt

kcdt

Reaction score
I tell him every time. I know he's had the conversations. A lot of times you're just pissing upstream. The ones who'd heed you are already doing their job.
Luckily the heedless are very few.

kcdt

kcdt

Reaction score
No, but your boss should.
Plus the issue with the schools is many times the offender is some entrenched tech/assistant/functionary of the University and they seem armour plated.

Flipperlady

Flipperlady

Reaction score
Tooth popoff.

Called at 1130 "I know it's after normal time, but can you do a tooth popoff and still get it back today? NO adjustments, no opposing, noting but the tooth came off and we need it glued back on"

Uh huh. View attachment 36035 View attachment 36036

Lol, how long are the tongs you holding that denture with :) I would have sold a reline, the dentist grinds a lot of that out to get the reline impression as this looks like it may be an immediate denture that was lined with softliner/tissue conditioner at insert and is well due for a hard reline.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Lol, how long are the tongs you holding that denture with :) I would have sold a reline, the dentist grinds a lot of that out to get the reline impression as this looks like it may be an immediate denture that was lined with softliner/tissue conditioner at insert and is well due for a hard reline.
I have one 12" and one 8".
Not softliner/tissue conditioner. That could be understood a bit. This was all biologic/biofilms/calculus/food/adhesive and black flecks I think may have been mold.

kcdt

kcdt

Reaction score
Not softliner/tissue conditioner. That could be understood a bit. This was all biologic/biofilms/calculus/food/adhesive and black flecks I think may have been mold.
Every time I think of someone sticking that back in their mouth and moving on I get this feeling like I'm falling through a bottomless pit. There are things beyond my comprehension.
They only came in 'cause the tooth was gone.

Sorry. I know that's off topic.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Every time I think of someone sticking that back in their mouth and moving on I get this feeling like I'm falling through a bottomless pit. There are things beyond my comprehension.

Not really, just a spur track, not a new one.

Flipperlady

Flipperlady

Reaction score

May have started out as a temp softliner but they harden up and turn all kinds of gross colors, and you.ll notice the resorbed area are filling up with most of the calculus and gunk. I always send a note to the dentist that it's time for a hard reline on these, and nearly always get a reline impression back at some point. I guess now we can add a "covid spoiled bur fee" , but these don't bother me. The only thing that ever really grossed me out was vacuuming the green pus out of a large abscess chairside, and even that didn't stop me from getting lunch afterwards :)

Doris A

Doris A

Donator
Solutions
Reaction score

When I see a case like this I think, no wonder they have a denture, if they took care of their natural teeth like they do their denture.
We’ve all seen 20 year old appliances that look brand new and 6 month old ones that look like this one.
My next thought is someone kisses that mouth....EEEWWWW!!!!

kcdt

kcdt

Reaction score
When I see a case like this I think, no wonder they have a denture, if they took care of their natural teeth like they do their denture.
We’ve all seen 20 year old appliances that look brand new and 6 month old ones that look like this one.
My next thought is someone kisses that mouth....EEEWWWW!!!!
The older I get the clearer I see and the less I understand. Human nature is bewildering.
I can only assume that for some living with the unlivable is not as scary as change.
My unified theory of why s#$t sucks.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
unknown.png

a real error message.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Pt broke L off years ago. Has no UL teeth so threw it away.
20200616_171909.jpg

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
New assistant blues. Nobody thought to tell her what a jaw relationship record was for. Or that you wait for the material to set up before picking it up out of the mouth.
JPEG_20200528_114152.jpg

20200528_114649.jpg

G

grantoz

Reaction score
she was going for setting the condylar angles on the articulator

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Gotta call today to let me know I'd get a reline tomorrow for an upper denture with "ERA Locators". Uhhh. That's noy a thing. It's two different things. "Oh, it's a Branemark."

I know she heard my face hit the desk. She asked if I was ok.

Doris A

Doris A

Donator
Solutions
Reaction score
New assistant blues. Nobody thought to tell her what a jaw relationship record was for. Or that you wait for the material to set up before picking it up out of the mouth.
JPEG_20200528_114152.jpg

20200528_114649.jpg
Don’t you just love the training they get...

user name

user name

Reaction score
I left the lab last night and neglected to start either of the sinter ovens.
Its going to be a late evening here.

Aside from my own ineptitude, life is pretty easy. Take this case for instance. Dr says they are slightly protrusive. 'can I pull them back in a bit'. ( yeah, I think thats how this works Hmmmm2)

20200720_142734.jpg

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Rx says "Pt wants #10 to be EXACTLY(all caps on Rx) the same length as #7"

Looking at the RPD seated on the supplied model 10 is longer than natural 7.

Well, I made them exactly the same length on the model I was given.

Found out at delivery that:
I was expected to infer the model is from 2012 when the cast RPD was first made.
I was expected to infer that there'd been massive resorption and how much.
I was expected to infer that the pt's partial was canting severely from the resorption making 10 too short.
I was supposed to 'put a longer tooth on and let me (dds) cut it down' and I just didn't do what was wanted.

Top Bottom