Facepalm cases

kcdt

kcdt

Reaction score
That looks like a normal day. So many that have 'deep bites' and have had to have holes in them to 'keep them out of occlusion'.

One even had permanent indentations in her rugae from her lower ants hitting there being the only chewing area.
Crazy that people wait to these points to think it might be time to do something.
Anymore i just open up the bite. It's not like you're altering an acceptable bite. I know it's a no no, but I'm old and tired of trying to convince the clueless and greedy to act responsibly. Their job is done once the critical wallet exractectomy is successful.
I just move on.

kcdt

kcdt

Reaction score
Duuude! Bungie jumping, without a bungie!

Nice to see you back!
I been under a rock. Decided I'd crawl out a bit.
Place i work is only one story anyway

Z

Zak Johnson

Reaction score
DD83895C-4515-4236-AAD9-680080D0EE5B.jpeg
Doc wanted a fc zi over this. We did it but c’mon, man

Jack_the_dentureman

Jack_the_dentureman

Reaction score
IMG_20200205_170051.jpg IMG_20200205_170027.jpg IMG_20200205_170204.jpg
Doc and tech was surprised that it doesn't work.
Single on multiunit abutment.

model guy

model guy

Donator
Reaction score
EB9AE894-5B7C-4490-A50A-881333229EDB.jpeg“There is no reason a bar couldn’t be fabricated”

model guy

model guy

Donator
Reaction score
00DF6474-FAC8-445A-8CFB-F29AD41BB1EC.jpegI ended up convincing the doctor to use the 30 degree abutments on the premolars. I thought that they did a pretty good job. These were Straumann abutments and they had a lever on them with a knurled handle. Back up a day...
doc “ do I just break these off?”
Me “ I’m fairly certain that they will just unscrew.”
Doc “ patient is in the chair, I’m cutting them off in ten minutes.”
me calls Strauman and 6 minutes later the assistant calls me to say that they unscrewed. Lol

kcdt

kcdt

Reaction score
View attachment 34988I ended up convincing the doctor to use the 30 degree abutments on the premolars. I thought that they did a pretty good job. These were Straumann abutments and they had a lever on them with a knurled handle. Back up a day...
doc “ do I just break these off?”
Me “ I’m fairly certain that they will just unscrew.”
Doc “ patient is in the chair, I’m cutting them off in ten minutes.”
me calls Strauman and 6 minutes later the assistant calls me to say that they unscrewed. Lol
FFS, how does this one manage to find a way out of the bathroom? Why do these idiots always leap into **** they're clueless about?

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
FFS, how does this one manage to find a way out of the bathroom? Why do these idiots always leap into **** they're clueless about?
A State license and malpractice insurance give a lot of comfort zone to those who think it means a get out of jail free card. As it kinda does many days.

Drive without insurance: I didn't know. Lack of awareness is not a defense.

Practice without a flippin' clue: That lab has no idea how to do what I want. They suck.

kcdt

kcdt

Reaction score
A State license and malpractice insurance give a lot of comfort zone to those who think it means a get out of jail free card. As it kinda does many days.

Drive without insurance: I didn't know. Lack of awareness is not a defense.

Practice without a flippin' clue: That lab has no idea how to do what I want. They suck.
It's the last two statements that really knee ya in the ol' cahones. It's like instead of being educated in the tasks of dentistry, they got educated in sales and delegating tasks.
Even though it limits the **** out of my options, sometimes I'm glad I'm not an owner anymore.
I've lost all tolerance for the circus.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
It's the last two statements that really knee ya in the ol' cahones. It's like instead of being educated in the tasks of dentistry, they got educated in sales and delegating tasks.
Even though it limits the **** out of my options, sometimes I'm glad I'm not an owner anymore.
I've lost all tolerance for the circus.
You know we're the elephants, right? We get the peanuts.

kcdt

kcdt

Reaction score
You know we're the elephants, right? We get the peanuts.
Remember the guy with the broom at the end of Mr Peabody cartoons? Following the elephants? That's where the peanuts come from...

Top Bottom