Facepalm cases

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Has anyone received a reline where the dr has used alginate?

Doris A

Doris A

Donator
Solutions
Reaction score
Because the alginate wasn't accurate, had voids all over the place. Did they pour it as soon as the impression was taken?

kcdt

kcdt

Reaction score
Mo
I have never seen that in 42 years. Why did you send it back?( I'm about to text him back and need to choose my words.)
It's a inappropriate material. Proper alginate requires 5-6mm minimum and must be poured in 10 minutes or less.
A reline impression is typically 1-2mm.
You can do it, but don't be surprised if you have to reline again...

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Mo
It's a inappropriate material. Proper alginate requires 5-6mm minimum and must be poured in 10 minutes or less.
A reline impression is typically 1-2mm.
You can do it, but don't be surprised if you have to reline again...
He just texted back" no worries ,I'll do it chairside.
Thanks, love paying the courier to drive around town for nothing!

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Originally delivered the c/c wax tryins as processed completed dentures.

When the lower broke, that wasn't enough of a clue and they let the pt keep the upper till I called them and they took 2 days getting the upper back.

The 1st pic is the impression in the baseplate/waxup they took to process. They said it was fine to do it on this when I called.

Now they don't work well enough after they were great to use as wax tryins?

They just got fired.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 91
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    110.8 KB · Views: 95
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 88
Doris A

Doris A

Donator
Solutions
Reaction score
Originally delivered the c/c wax tryins as processed completed dentures.

When the lower broke, that wasn't enough of a clue and they let the pt keep the upper till I called them and they took 2 days getting the upper back.

The 1st pic is the impression in the baseplate/waxup they took to process. They said it was fine to do it on this when I called.

Now they don't work well enough after they were great to use as wax tryins?

They just got fired.
Good for you!

model guy

model guy

Donator
Reaction score
http://metrocosm.com/map-of-federally-regulated-weapons/
Nope, not Federally. Some states, yes. Just need a tax stamp, and an ok from your chief of police/sherrif (depending on the political structure of your state). Considered a Class 3 'destructive device", Class 3 is the same as full automatic(one triggerpull releases multiple independantly cased rounds-A.K.A. rock'n'roll),short barreled rifles, short barreled shotguns, and noise suppressors (called silencers by the press and CIA/Delta/SEALwannabe weekend wierdos)

Few sheets of paper, 6 months, and about $600 per item(last I looked). Plus you lose/sign away your 4th amendment rights.

Still, it'd be worth it.
New Hampshire!!! Live free or die! As long as you pay the tax stamp... anybody thinking of purchasing class 3 should consult an attorney specializing in an NFA trust. Just throwing it out there.

model guy

model guy

Donator
Reaction score
Doctor says to rebase partial. Lol
D8B1A0C8-8394-4EFB-882A-2D7579791DBD.jpeg 65943E89-AC46-4E44-BD12-737AA90536FF.jpeg 13D8174A-DEBF-403F-8DF7-600FBD310644.jpeg

model guy

model guy

Donator
Reaction score
This used to be the busiest account before I took over the lab. Former boss loved that they always paid their bill early. The negative side was that we were remaking 1 out of three cases with them. Even at 50:50 remake my time was worth more. They stopped sending work and I never chased them. They still send crappy repairs and my first comment is that there is a charge for any service provided. I know that their out of state lab can’t provide same day service. Pay to play.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
Halloween came early this year.
15710885113753367139760496238020.jpgKeep me in your prayers.

user name

user name

Reaction score
Thats one where Id like to sit with a cup of coffee and do an old skool wax and fire diagnostic. Then just copy.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
No doubt, It would be nice to work out the occlusion in warm wax, I think I will mill this in wax first. This one is getting the standard nexxzrT, Maybe preshade a1 for final a2.5

user name

user name

Reaction score
I saw more promise in the prepped pic. Thats tough.

I think Id be begging the Dr to join you in doing some charity work and prep the rest.

Top Bottom