Facepalm cases

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
let me give you a sample of how precision our technology is.

some time ago we noticed we were having a bite problem. some (not all) of the cases we did were having issues with improper vertical; it seemed as though the teeth in the arch had been shifted somehow, either up or down. and we did a lot to isolate the cause. what we finally found was an actual factual milling bug.

we could mill a case and the finishing, the look of the teeth the finish of the margin all looked fine to the naked eye. but using computer vision with 3d scanning we found units were "off" but a certain factor.

for example: in dark blue is the computer Design, and in colours, the overlay on it of the milled unit. the redder it is, the worse the unit is.

350-undersize-tool.JPG 350-3rd retest.JPG 650-3rd-retest.JPG 350 second retest.JPG

all that to say we found bugs in the machine code that led us to a solution.

now we can mill something perfectly. we (I) expect to find this same *kind* of bug in other machines, especially in users who buy milling equipment and expect it to work right out of the box.

identical.JPG

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
this was months ago. my alpha stage robot has budgetary approval. it will take about 3 months to get off the ground. beta stage robot will be a year from now, and distribution will depend where we stand after beta development.

Robot for sale late 2020/2021

robot for public servant early 2022/23 depending how AI progress goes.

Alpha bot will have no AI tho so who knows.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
ive been employed 13 months, initial idea for "the robot" was as follows

350robot.jpg

basically a depalletizer, an unloader.

come on guys, bink thig!

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Case i posted before was half year ago. That dentist send me new case. Look at
canine
View attachment 30982
I think I found the dentist
111230034011-three-stooges-horizontal-large-gallery.jpg

Mrs.galfriday

Mrs.galfriday

Reaction score
ive been employed 13 months, initial idea for "the robot" was as follows

View attachment 30988

basically a depalletizer, an unloader.

come on guys, bink thig!
Okay. The lab/Dr. scans the working model/mouth, your software designs and then emails the info to 'my/his' printer/milling center. You are working out the ticks in the software and getting paid well for this service.

I couldn't tell if you were just kidding me about being a dinosaur. We met a young Dr. that wants this service. He doesn't want to foot the bill for the equipment.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
you are on the right track, but still have some preconceived ideas.

nobody will have to buy or rent equipment that they will exclusively use. i can't put the entire idea out there right now but the premise is that my technology will become ubiquitous as a mall photobooth or karaoke booth.

the underlying technology that enables ubiquity will benefit the production of the future so that you dont need to suffer through bad impressions, bad bites, and sloppy dentists to do good work and pay your bills. our technology will help remedy the problems at the source, ensuring these problems stop, or at least happen infrequently and through no fault of slipshod Cowboy dentistry.

much like the car of yesteryear - we arent designing horses that need less grain, have 6 legs, and don't need rest. we're reinventing.

Jack_the_dentureman

Jack_the_dentureman

Reaction score
I do not live in the US. unfortunately.
Im from Europe. This dentist is the same town, so I do not want to make a revolution here, nor be perceived in a bad way.

the doctor clearly indicated that he knows what he is doing. and that's how it should be.
because of this, I think another doctor should report it... this lover of non-standard techniques for preparing teeth is on the market for 20+ years. Patients looks happy if they dont complain.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
I do not live in the US. unfortunately.
Im from Europe. This dentist is the same town, so I do not want to make a revolution here, nor be perceived in a bad way.

the doctor clearly indicated that he knows what he is doing. and that's how it should be.
because of this, I think another doctor should report it... this lover of non-standard techniques for preparing teeth is on the market for 20+ years. Patients looks happy if they dont complain.
Very understandable, and why I asked 'What is enough' to begin with. We knuckledraggers might have learned how to use tools, but we're still knuckledraggers to many degree holders.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
although it must be said many prosthos do care a great deal, and value, the work of technicians.

K

kytoothdude

Reaction score
Very understandable, and why I asked 'What is enough' to begin with. We knuckledraggers might have learned how to use tools, but we're still knuckledraggers to many degree holders.
I've found gloves really help prevent raw knuckles.

ps2thtec

ps2thtec

Donator
Reaction score
Here’s a dandy. Do you think that #9 is a little large? And yes I requested a new lower opposing model. FBFEDA2A-8523-496A-97C9-B6CAB4CD0AA6.jpeg

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
9 is proportional to 11. Since 8 will be extruded to match the length of 9 I guess you will have to keep the extrusive contacts light.

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
Who says proper occlusion and function are important?

IMG_20181009_092512558.jpg

IMG_20181009_092948892.jpg
:eek::eek:

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
is that an implant sheared clean in half ?

CatamountRob

CatamountRob

Banned Member
Reaction score
Souvenir. Make a nice necklace.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
what the hell kind of made in buttfukcistan implant shears in half when you havent even drilled in in completely yet.

Top Bottom