Facepalm cases

bigj1972

bigj1972

Reaction score
He had to put it in where the bone wasn't.
:confused:

Last edited:
doug

doug

Reaction score
This is the second implant in that site. smh

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
After remaking this case because doc says abutment is hitting tooth, taking new bite, remount (bite looks off, totally open ant bite) rescan/mill, 2nd time it doesn’t go, bite still tight, doc takes new imp. Because he thinks I moved copings around in impression, new impression fits the same way, I mount with new bite and gap on posterior teeth is like 3mm! The assistants pour up all his opposing models but I’ve never seen distortion like this.. even after showing this, doc still thinks it’s the implant model causing issues. Got a new opposing, fits bite perfect… Beware what models you get from the office, it’s ultimately always your problem. AD4A25EE-860E-4ED5-8AA2-E702D1F39BE2.jpeg

millennium

millennium

Donator
Reaction score
Tell the dr to take a non alginate impression of the opposing and pour it yourself. Happened to me a bunch of times.

bigj1972

bigj1972

Reaction score
After remaking this case because doc says abutment is hitting tooth, taking new bite, remount (bite looks off, totally open ant bite) rescan/mill, 2nd time it doesn’t go, bite still tight, doc takes new imp. Because he thinks I moved copings around in impression, new impression fits the same way, I mount with new bite and gap on posterior teeth is like 3mm! The assistants pour up all his opposing models but I’ve never seen distortion like this.. even after showing this, doc still thinks it’s the implant model causing issues. Got a new opposing, fits bite perfect… Beware what models you get from the office, it’s ultimately always your problem. View attachment 42695
And take photos of anomalies to back yourself up or to explain the problem.
Picture is worth 1000 words.

D

Denture Dude

Donator
Reaction score
After remaking this case because doc says abutment is hitting tooth, taking new bite, remount (bite looks off, totally open ant bite) rescan/mill, 2nd time it doesn’t go, bite still tight, doc takes new imp. Because he thinks I moved copings around in impression, new impression fits the same way, I mount with new bite and gap on posterior teeth is like 3mm! The assistants pour up all his opposing models but I’ve never seen distortion like this.. even after showing this, doc still thinks it’s the implant model causing issues. Got a new opposing, fits bite perfect… Beware what models you get from the office, it’s ultimately always your problem. View attachment 42695
I often have to get on the assistants for giving me alginates that have clearly pulled from the tray creating distorted models. They don’t like me. They’d pour it up and play dumb if they could. A lot of playing dumb.

kimba

kimba

Reaction score
After 30 odd years I still can’t say definitively if assistants play dumb or are dumb, but after my experiences this week I am leaning towards playing dumb

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
"I'm sorry I have to go to the bank and run some errands, but I'll tell the assistants they can stay while they eat so you can teach them"
That assistant that you just trained got knocked up while in Hawaii. Can you drop by again and show our new girl Tiffani how it’s done? I have a wedding in Hawaii to attend.

Doris A

Doris A

Donator
Solutions
Reaction score
That assistant that you just trained got knocked up while in Hawaii. Can you drop by again and show our new girl Tiffani how it’s done? I have a wedding in Hawaii to attend.
I'll wait until you get back Dr to train you for free. Training anyone else in the future will cost you $$$$

JonnyLathe

JonnyLathe

Reaction score
After 30 odd years I still can’t say definitively if assistants play dumb or are dumb, but after my experiences this week I am leaning towards playing dumb
They're definitely playing dumb. Look at the amount of dentists that come here telling us they're going to have them do all of their lab work once they get a scanner and a mill!

bigj1972

bigj1972

Reaction score
View attachment 42710
The case was a facepalm on it's own but the RX is the icing on the cake.
Please, please, and pretty please.

Shoulda called up Doc and asked which kind of Hispanic shade. A Mexican, Nicaraguan or Chilean?

Guarantee first response is, I don't know I wasn't in the room, the assistant took the shade.

Last edited:
JonnyLathe

JonnyLathe

Reaction score
Please, please, and pretty please.

Shoulda called up Doc and asked which kind of Hispanic shade. A Mexican, Nicaraguan or Chilean?

Guarantee first response is, I don't know I wasn't in the room, the assistant took the shade.
I don't have a picture, but they did write "light hispanic" one time.

We just give him A2.

Top Bottom