Facepalm cases

RileyS

RileyS

Reaction score
Hey dont shoot the messenger! Ive had to remill almost every other implant crown the past few weeks because they are cracking down the screw channel after sintering, if they even make it out of the mill in one piece. Call VHF, "calibrate and try new tools" .. Just did calibrate and tools are new.. calibrate again.. now maybe one in 4 crack.. :confused: Ive never had this issue before.. any other vhf users?
Is your mom a VHF user?

RileyS

RileyS

Reaction score
@Affinity
(But seriously, is your mom alive and well? I have a hankering to be annoying to you with these stupid mom responses)

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
Hey dont shoot the messenger! Ive had to remill almost every other implant crown the past few weeks because they are cracking down the screw channel after sintering, if they even make it out of the mill in one piece. Call VHF, "calibrate and try new tools" .. Just did calibrate and tools are new.. calibrate again.. now maybe one in 4 crack.. :confused: Ive never had this issue before.. any other vhf users?
cracking down the screw channel? so the motion inside the screw channel may be trying to cut too fast or exerting enough force to create micro cracks in the raw zirc. you tried overriding the feed?

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
I actually did turn down the feedrate... Didnt help. However the vhf tech didnt mention it when I talked to him.. just calibrate and use new tools.

C

CWilliams

Reaction score
Not sure how discs clamp into vhf mills, but maybe the clamp is not staying tight (dust lodged, screws worn, clamp surface worn) and with the vibration/ bounce the disc is coming ever so slightly loose within?

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
Its possible, it has a disc changer and the fixture is held in place by springs.. But it only happens on implants, everything else is good.

Doris A

Doris A

Solutions
Reaction score
So, we picked up a /P to reline and add the anterior teeth to convert it to a /F.
Dr's office is 26 miles away. Open the bag and find the partial with an impression in it BUT, no pickup impression!
What, were we supposed to fake an anterior ridge?!?! So it's on it's way back to them, and we get to go get it again tomorrow! So we will be traveling 156 total miles for one case. GRRRRR!!!!!

Last edited:
bigj1972

bigj1972

Reaction score
So, we picked up a /P to reline and add the anterior teeth to convert it to a /F.
Dr's office is 26 miles away. Open the bag and find the partial with an impression in it BUT, no pickup impression!
What, were we supposed to fake an anterior ridge?!?! So it's on it's way back to them, and we get to go get it again tomorrow! So we will be traveling 156 total miles for one case. GRRRRR!!!!!
And of course you'll be billing for that. Improper impression technique/delivery time.

subrisi

subrisi

Reaction score
Get an account with Rollo and ship your cases through them. A local UPS ground takes a day and cost $ 7.36. With these gas prices. Pick up and delivery should be cancelled. I deliver nothing. Everything goes by UPS or USPS. Soo much cheaper. And Rollo is so low in price that it almost sounds too good to be true.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
are your models on the articulator properly this time ?

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
i never said you did, but the last time you posted a 3shape articulator here it was being misused by the doc to a severe degree.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
i never said you did, but the last time you posted a 3shape articulator here it was being misused by the doc to a severe degree.
Oh yea I forgot about that one.
The doc with the life size cutout of himself in front of his office.

Top Bottom